JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

IR remote of a different samsung tv controls Frame tv.

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 03:13 PM)
sakis86s
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a universal tv remote with IR repeaters to control all home devices with a single remote. 
Yesterday i just discovered that the IR remote of my samsung tv in my bedroom (model: UE32M5002) controls my Frame tv in the living room as well.

Can i disable somehow the IR function from my Frame tv and keep only the One Remote being able to control Frame? I searched on settings but i wasn't able to find it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Ummm. It's my understanding that IR is used to power on/off the Frame ... all other functions are via Bluetooth.
0 Likes
sakis86s
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Not exactly. The IR remote of my other Samsung TV it also changes the channels on Frame TV, volume etc. It's not only the on/off function that controls the Frame.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes