JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lip Sync Issue New Q80A

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 05:33 AM)
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new 55” Q80A. Literally one day old. Immediately I noticed it has issues with sound being out of sync with the picture. No sound bar, just tv speakers. Only input is cable box. Happens on all channels. 

Any ideas? This is replacing a defective NU7100 so I’m a bit irritated. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It would be outstanding if the TV actually displayed version extensions! My unit states it's up to date and shows it has version 1560 but no extension. ie; 1560.1? 

This is soooo frustrating!

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

To see the full version, you can go to Settings > Support > About TV . Hope this helps!

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

So, the version displayed on my TV is 1560. No extension. The update is 1560.5. I downloaded it and tried to install it. Nada. TV says, it's up to date. Yet, this was just released on 7/1/2021. 

I've waited 5 days for a T2 rep to call. Nothing. The scheduled service technician can't be bothered to give an actual time window until the day of service. Apparently, you're supposed to devote an entire day to the possible repair of your brand new TV. 

I will NEVER buy another Samsung product. 

0 Likes
bertram4me
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just bought my Q80A two weeks ago, before the latest July 1st update, and I have version 1506.0 on my set (That number is NOT a type-o). I am not, like others here, offered 1560.5 as an available update. I should have gone with the LG!

Bert
0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Actually, you just brought something to my attention I do still have version 1506. I was transposing the numbers. Ugh! Despite being a completely different version, the TV will not download the USB update. It states it's up to date. 

Call Samsung, clueless. Absolutely clueless. No T2 technical people available and I honestly don't think they have ANY technical training at the lower levels. 

0 Likes
bertram4me
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

In 2021 the last thing we should have to use to get an update is a USB. It should be pushed from Samsung. What happened to the former #1 TV maker!

Bert
bertram4me
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Do you mind if I ask where you are getting your information from? I just spent 37 minutes chatting with Samsung support and after all of the back and forth, this is what he said: "I'm very sorry, at the moment there is no new update ready to download on the website."

Bert
0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this as I've had that conversation. Unfortunately, Samsung technical support is about as technical as my Great Dane. 

If you go to the Samsung website, there actually is a firmware update to version 1560.5 for the  2021 Q series. Now, wether or not you can successfully upload it via USB is a whole different question. 

0 Likes
userHImyMJiAIj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My TV is the Samsung QN90A 55" brand new with the same problem.  I keep trying to solve the problem and following this thread.  I hate that the version displayed does not seem to show the 1560.x   My current solution is to turn the tv and cable box off and back on.  Not a good solution, but better than watching tv with sync issues.

userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It's extremely frustrating isn't it? I almost spent the extra $$ for that model. I would be absolutely livid if I had only to have these issues.

I too, have found that will help but as the issue appears to be cumulative, it's temporary. Samsung needs to actually fix it. I've also noticed the sound isn't that "dynamic." It appears to go in and out. 

I'm now wondering if spending yet more money on a sound bar set up would solve all problems or just extend the issues to the sound bar.

What's also interesting, is the fact that you can't post a review that in any way addresses your horrendous experience with Samsung support. It makes me sincerely doubt the validity of the reviews on their website. I re-submitted a review that addressed the poor product performance. We shall see if they "moderate' that as well. 

At this point, I just know I'll never buy another Samsung product.

0 Likes