Original topic:

Long press on Samsung remote stopped working after last OS update

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 12:17 PM)
user8K1W6QjhfB
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So my Samsung Frame decided to update its software yesterday. After the update the Apple TV on hdmi1 didn’t give any sound. Sound was working on all other connected devices and apps like Netflix etc. After a couple of restarts of both the TV and Apple TV without any effect I decided to delete the Apple TV “source” in the TV OS to try adding it again.

When adding the Apple TV as the new source on HDMI1 the setup now looked a bit different than I remembered it since last time I did this. I now had the option to choose Apple as manufacturer and it now has the Apple TV-icon etc.

So far so good, but after I finished the setup wizard and connected Samsung remote to work with Apple TV I have some strange issues that I didn’t have before while using my Apple TV with the Samsung remote. Long press on buttons doesn’t seem to be registered anymore. I.e long press on “Select” button doesn’t work (equivalent to long press on track pad on apple remote).

Anyone else has this issue or know how to solve this? Would really appreciate any help!

1 Reply
userZh6RjCYgq5
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Same issue here, but it seems that it was a software update on the remote and i switch it with another identical and the issue doesn't happen with a different remote
0 Likes