JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mac Screen Mirroring on a Non-Smart Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-29-2022 03:45 PM)
ginnyb39
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a 10-year old non-smart Samsung TV that is connected to my wi-fi, but it does not have Bluetooth. At another distant location I have a 2022 QLED Samsung TV for which I send photos to the TV via Screen Mirroring from my 2022 MacBook Air. I would like to have the same wireless capability for my older TV, and I have been told that a Bluetooth transmitter will accomplish this. From what I have read, this approach will connect headphones, speakers and the like, but will it enable me to use Screen Mirroring (i.e., will it enable me to bring up my laptop screen on the TV without using a cable)?   The Samsung model # is: UN46FH6030F.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ginnyb39
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was hoping that there might be an inexpensive plug-in that might work.   This TV does have two HDMI ports, one of which we use for Verizon, and the other for BlueRay.  An HDMI cable, using the BlueRay port, and an adaptor to connect to the laptop works well, other than the inconvenience of having to break out cables, etc.  I'm not overly excited about converting over to Roku, so I'm afraid that we will put up with the inconvenience.

Thanks for your rapid response!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

@ginnyb39 Your best solution is to buy an Apple TV device or a Roku device and connect it to your TV. Then you can wirelessly stream from your MacBook Air. 

0 Likes
Solution
ginnyb39
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was hoping that there might be an inexpensive plug-in that might work.   This TV does have two HDMI ports, one of which we use for Verizon, and the other for BlueRay.  An HDMI cable, using the BlueRay port, and an adaptor to connect to the laptop works well, other than the inconvenience of having to break out cables, etc.  I'm not overly excited about converting over to Roku, so I'm afraid that we will put up with the inconvenience.

Thanks for your rapid response!!

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

@ginnyb39 "I was hoping that there might be an inexpensive plug-in that might work. "

Roku devices are as low as $30. That is about as inexpensive as you are going to find. 

0 Likes