Original topic:

Mark on screen

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 10:33 AM)
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a brand new screen and there seems to be a mark on the top, almost where tape was placed. Anyone have this problem? Samsung recommended to clean with water on a microfibre, that seemed to make it worse in places. 

TV.jpg

17 Replies
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yup - same problem on a 2022 55" Frame. It is where the tape was from original packing. Samsung definitely has some manufacturing issues they need to address. 

IMG_0127.jpg

0 Likes
userZRjD7D9YoC
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Where did you buy yours? I have 2 now from Amazon, both directly from samsung to amazon to me. Clearly unopened and straight from the manufacturer. Samsung customer service said Amazon must have opened both packages, applied the tape, and then sent to me. They "do not have anything on the screen from the frame". They literally said that.

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

LOL - I'm on my 3rd, and they all have this piece of tape.  I am happy with my 3rd -- I peeled these 2 stickers off VERY slowly - basically just applied pressure to the tape and let it peel itself off.  The result is no markings left behind.  On the first 2, I just peeled off without much concern - along with all the plastic on the bezel.

0 Likes
fmaiabatista
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi! I have a similar issue but the stain on my screen is from a friend's finger when they helped me mount it on the wall...

I have tried dry, humid, and distilled water microfiber cloth, and melamine foam sponge (magic eraser) as recommended in the official cleaning guide but nothing worked! I'm afraid if I keep trying harder it will only make it worse (as it seems the stain is spreading if I try to rub it, even if only gently).

I want to believe that the matte layer is not damaged by the stain but rather that it's just an extra layer of grease on top of the screen.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I might try next? I'm also about to get in contact with Samsung support but based on previous comments I'm not very optimistic about it...

I have uploaded some pictures showing the stain on the TV with different angles and backgrounds (on/off, light bg, dark bg) - you can find them here: https://imgur.com/a/uxU4wsv

Thank you!

0 Likes
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

It appears to me that you rubbed the anti-reflective coating off of it.

I doubt that it is possible to fix that, sorry.

FWIW I was relentless in advising my wife about how to handle our set in order not to touch the screen surface. She was not happy with me but in the end it turned-out perfect.

0 Likes
fmaiabatista
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, Tom, thanks for the reply!

As a matter of fact, later that day another friend came over and rubbed a dry finger on the white mark which cleaned part of it. That made us realize that the stain was a layer of grease/glue that would come off by rubbing with naked fingers and a piece of dry microfiber cloth.

With that, I spent a reasonable amount of time rubbing off the rest of the mark, which yielded a great result!

Finally, I'm very happy with it and I (nor anyone) will be coming close to that screen for a good while! hehe

I've uploaded new photos which show the final result after the successful cleaning of the white mark. Of course, it's not as immaculate as a new screen (or is it? Given the main topic of this thread hehe) but it's good enough and we cannot see anything from any distance, only upon very close inspection, within a few centimeters.

Here is the result: https://imgur.com/a/adkPjoE

Have a nice day!

tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

That looks just terrific--congratulations on getting it clean! I am honestly very happy to be wrong about a possibly dainty "antireflective coating"!

FWIW at my house I don't touch any of my TV screens with anything but (maybe) eyeglass/lens cleaning and companion lens-cleaing microfiber cloth.

Glad you are happy... nice set btw--I love our 65" Frame.

Solution
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Solution: Samsung sent out a tech to inspect. Using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser (Orginal) and a bottle of water worked. Took a good 5-10 min of scrubbing. He said NOT to use any screen cleaners on this screen.

0 Likes