Original topic:

Mark on screen

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 01:12 PM)
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a brand new screen and there seems to be a mark on the top, almost where tape was placed. Anyone have this problem? Samsung recommended to clean with water on a microfibre, that seemed to make it worse in places. 

TV.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Solution: Samsung sent out a tech to inspect. Using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser (Orginal) and a bottle of water worked. Took a good 5-10 min of scrubbing. He said NOT to use any screen cleaners on this screen.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
How does it look when the screen is on?
0 Likes
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

it looks fine

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Well, you can return it since you just got it but if it looks OK when the screen is on you may just consider keeping it. If you could still see it with the screen on would be a different story.
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
When you say this is a new screen did you have a screen replacement or is this how it came new right out of the box?
0 Likes
userBZGQ28MaGP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

right out of the box

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
Does it feel like residue from a sticker?
0 Likes
userZRjD7D9YoC
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Marks on top of Frame.JPGtape on bottom of Frame.JPG

0 Likes
userZRjD7D9YoC
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here. It is from the sticker. Not sure if it is residue, or damage to the matte coating. Doesn't feel sticky. Screen cleaner and microfiber do nothing. Debating trying 91% isopropyl. I ordered a replacement and same thing on both of them, so, i have one to test on before i send it back. Open to suggestions.

0 Likes
userZRjD7D9YoC
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Or better said, tape, not sticker. No idea why they put it on the screen. The top pick is obviously with the tape removed. It is on top and bottom of the 2022 50" model.

0 Likes