JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Motion sensor not turning The Frame 2021 art mode back on

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 07:34 AM)
userMC7veDLqCr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I just got the 50" 2021 Frame model.  It doesn't seem like the motion sensor is working with respect to turning the art mode back on after it's turned off.  I can wave my hand in front of it and nothing happens.  Sometimes when I hit the power button on the remote again it either a) turns artmode back on or b) shows the The Frame boot logo first and then shows the art mode.  The sensor seems to work as far as not putting the tv to sleep if moving around but once it has gone to sleep it won't turn back on with motion.  Has anyone had this issue or know if a fix?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
18 Replies
userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you make sure Autorun Last App is enabled in Smart Features?

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon, everyone. The motion sensor works on detecting changes in ambient light reflections. If you have recently made any changes in the room (redecorating, change light fixtures, even moving furniture or equipment in or out), it can change what the detector senses. The following information is from page 58 of the user guide.

If none of these issues apply to your situation, please call 800-726-7864 and ask the agent to connect to your television for remote diagnostics. They can determine if you need a setting adjusted, or if the unit requires service.

0 Likes
userIOcwhGH8Qe
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Why did the motion sensor work for all of us prior to the most recent update?

userMC7veDLqCr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I turned the night mode off too the motion detector works fine.  For some reason it has a hard time detecting light.

useru9bh8EqUgt
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased a Frame recently as well and experienced something very similar. I was able to get the motion detector to work by shutting off the light sensitivity (night mode) in the very next setting in art settings. It seems that the lighting in my room was low enough to override the motion detector by putting the tv into sleep mode. It was evening time and somewhat low ambient lighting in the room while troubleshooting. I was surprised this worked as it wasn’t very dark in my room, Samsung should adjust the threshold of what constitutes night mode. 

Let us know if shutting off night mode worked for you. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

We appreciate you so much for sharing this with the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userh8kqNLcgIn
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Switching off night mode fixed it for me - thanks!

0 Likes
userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

but will this disable the tv turning off automatically at night? cause i don’t want to lose that. i find it is slower to turn on in the morning now that it is winter and darker, but it DOES come on

0 Likes
userhQf0h1o8hO
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a brand new 55 2021 as well.  I noticed there was a thin opaque tape/film protecting the motion censor.  When I removed that, the artwork stayed on.

0 Likes