Original topic:

Motion sensor on The Frame 2022 doesn't work with frame attached

(Topic created: 10-17-2022 12:59 PM)
Kettutimo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just got 55 inch The Frame, 2022 model. it's mounted on the wall with teak frame.

If I take the bottom piece of the frame off the motion sensor works as intended. The art mode shuts off when there's no motion and turns automatically back on from motion. The night mode is turned off.

When I install the bottom piece back the motion sensor doesn't work at all. The art mode stays on even when there's no motion for hours (sleep after is 5 minutes).

I've now tested dozens of times with and without the bottom frame piece and the result is consistent. With the frame it doesn't work and without the frame it works.

Any suggestions how to fix it? Has anyone had better luck with different color frame than teak?

11 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try setting your Sleep After Off?
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Not sure if it's the same for the 2022 model, but on the 2020 model, which I have, there's a little clip on the motions sensor. When pressed in, the motion sensor will extend downwards a little bit. Making it better in detecting motion.

0 Likes
Jbarra
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue. This is so silly. Mine doesn’t extend down any further. 

0 Likes
Rilke
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same Problem here with 43" and teak bezel!!!!  There´s also a new tread with the same Problem.

0 Likes
Dojmaestro
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here with the 55 inch and the teak bezel. Repeatably getting this behaviour 

0 Likes
CarlozZ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Exact same issue here with teak frame

0 Likes
Dpod4
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here on 85 inch frame tv. Replaced white bezel with teak and now motion sensing isn’t working. Where is Samsung on this?

0 Likes
Dojmaestro
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

"Replaced white bezel with teak and now motion sensing isn’t working."

That's so weird! It worked with the white bezel, but not the teak one?

0 Likes
Biggus
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
If it's an IR emitter + detector like most motion sensors, the white bezel was probably IR reflective and bouncing the beam out and back, and the teak bezel is absorbing it instead. You could test by temporarily taping a thin strip of white paper under the sensor on the bezel. Even a couple of pieces of clear scotch tape might be enough. It's not something you should need to do on an expensive device, but if it works and isn't ugly from wherever you're viewing the thing from I'd personally just go with it rather than waste hours trying to get in contact with support, who will most likely just act confused about the issue as if it hasn't been reported before and waste hours of your time.

0 Likes