JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Bright spots on screen? Q90R

(Topic created: 02-04-2022 10:21 PM)
userVvouPJMs6B
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Not sure what these spots are that have shown up on the screen (pics attached)

Would they be covered under a warranty?

I have had the TV less than 2 yrs.

tv spot3.jpeg

 

 

tv spot2.jpeg

 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame
Bright spot? Couldn't be certain without a better picture, but that looks like the surface has been chipped off.

And if it were to be chipped off and a Q90R were to be a QLED tv, then I would be say that's probably a backlight you looking at in the bottom picture.

In summary, somebody broke your stuff.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
when I zoom in on the second image, it looks like someone tapped the screen with a needle or other very sharp implement

when you touch those spots with a finger, do you feel an abhoration ?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! If this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this is something that will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
userVvouPJMs6B
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks.

Yes, this is visible even when the tv is switched off.

I bought the tv in April 2020, but I do have extended warranty so will reach out to them.

Any idea/clue on what could have caused it? It does not seem to look like actual physical damage to the screen as others have suggested

0 Likes
userVvouPJMs6B
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

No, the pic/light is perhaps making it look like that, but it is perfectly smooth.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

My apologies, unfortunately I would be unable to speculate on the exact cause of the issues. 

0 Likes
userVvouPJMs6B
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

ok, thanks for your help.

0 Likes