Original topic:

My q70t backlight bleed problem, and what Samsung is doing

(Topic created: 03-15-2021 05:42 AM)
Kylebialo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Hello, 
I had recently purchased a new q70t 55" qled TV from Samsung directly. I have used it for about 5 days now, and there is a fairly significant backlight bleed issue.

I have contacted Samsung support. Note: if you need to do a warrenty replacement, call them. The live chat is bad for this. My first call was very easy. We walked through basic troubleshooting including turning off picture clarity and resetting the TV.

After these tests were done and confirmed the bleed was still there, they started an rma process. Since I purchased this TV directly from Samsung, and I am within a 14 day window, they gave me the option for a in-home repair.

This repair is going to take place in about a week. My reason for posting is i would like to receive you're guyses input on this problem, and if any of you have also experienced this after purchase. Did you reach out to Samsung for a replacement or repair? 

I would attach a video of the problem, but it does not seem to be allowing me to. 

Looking forward to your responses! 

0 Likes
3 Replies
useryWLjUdLVHW
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, did you end up doing a repair? If so did it fix the problem and how did it go? Also if the repair doesn't work are you still able to return or replace the TV?

I just received a 75" frame with backlight bleeding. The local bright spots in the bottom two corners (bottom right is worst) is pretty bad and obvious when watching movies, especially if it has the black letterbox bars. 

Do you have a picture of yours? I'll try to attach one of what mine looks like. Let me know how the repair went and what you ended up doing.

Thanks!4K HD YouTube test video4K HD YouTube test videoApple TV start up screenApple TV start up screen

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes