JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problems with QT80 TV

(Topic created: 05-03-2021 01:22 PM)
userG6Bm0zIoRy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We just bought a Samsung QT80 TV a couple of months ago. It was replacing an older Samsung TV and we also have another Samsung TV, have been happy with their reliability & picture quality.

But we have noticed two very irritating things:

1. Sometimes for no apparent reason, the screen will go dark with no sound for 10-15 seconds, then just resume as if nothing had happened. Its *NOT* the cable company since we have verified that another (Samsung) TV in another room on the same channel did NOT do the same thing at the time it happened on the new QT80.

2. Even more irritating is that about 1 time out of 3 (ie far too frequently) when the QT80 gets turned on in the morning, it will display a screen saying it cannot find the HDMI input? The only way we have found to resolve this is to unplug the TV from electrical power, wait some seconds, and turn it back on, at which point 100% of the time it miraculously finds the HDMI input and works correctly.

I have some friends who bought this same TV and RETURNED it for exactly these unresolved issues.

What is Samsung going to resolve these issues or should I also look into a RETURN?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userG6Bm0zIoRy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Requested information provided by the Facebook Messenger option by clicking on that link in your post response.

0 Likes