JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q60BD remote has limited functionality with onn 4k streaming box

(Topic created: 04-30-2023 11:29 AM)
GeezerTV
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Really like this TV, but the solar universal remote is another story. Sure the remote can control the TV, but that's where universal stops working. The onn streaming box comes with a Google G10 remote. When I plug the box into HDMI1, It shows a new connection called HDMI1. WHEN I SELECT THAT CONNECTION I can see the onn screen, but only a few of the universal remote buttons work. Things like LONG OK, LONG BACK, CHAN UP AND DOWN just ignore the LONG press. These buttons work correctly if I use the ONN remote. Supports answer is that I should contact onn for support of the Samsung Remote. Isn't a universal remote supposed to emulate the original remote? Why doesn't Samsung contact contact onn? I have no idea how the universal remote is communicating with the onn box. For now I'm using 2 remotes with the onn box and that may be the solution, but support won't say the device is incompatible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi @GeezerTV and welcome to the community!  We appreciate your feedback and will tag it in the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi @GeezerTV and welcome to the community!  We appreciate your feedback and will tag it in the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes