JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q6FN remote control "Home" button not working

(Topic created: 08-01-2018 11:53 AM)
userH3XjfVkjtX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Q6FN (2018) model which is 2 days old. Last night I was in the settings adjusting the picture for the first time and today when the television was turned on, the Home button on the remote doesn't do anything. Light flashes red on the remote, no menus, no app bar, no nothing. Can't change inputs with the remote, settings or really anything important at all.

I researched it a bit and have tried the following so far: I unplugged the television while off, waited and then plugged it in. Power it up (with the remote) and still nothing. Repeated that process a few times. I have also re-synced the remote (hold Play / Back simultaneously for 3 seconds). It re-syncs successfully, still nothing. All the other buttons on the remote function normal, even the "long" press function of home works which brings up the remote assistance reference number. Short press of Home to access pretty much anything important is the culprit.

Other solutions I've read involve accessing settings to reset the Smart Hub etc. which is of course impossible because I can't get to the settings in the first place.

A little side note for flavor: 7 months ago I got a full refund on a Samsung KS8500 which had 4 repairs in a single YEAR, under warranty. After battling Samsung. I SWORE I would never buy another Samsung product and sat on the money until 2 days ago where after a lot of research I decided to take the leap...give them a second chance. It has the features I want (gaming). It looks great, price isn't bad. My frustration level is well beyond 9000. You know what they say, "fool me once".

JUMP TO SOLUTION
122 Replies
ibanez81
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Lately, when the issue occurs, I've had success opening the SmartThings app (made by Samsung) on my iPhone, tapping my Frame TV, then tapping the Home button. That seems to communicate more effectively and get the Home bar to show up. This doesn't excuse the fact that the product doesn't function the way it was intended. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userRBoUyBJPkO
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks!  I did use the SmartThings app.  It can do a few things but the Home button didn't work on the SmartThings app too.

0 Likes
usercAZKumcgHJ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

You can simply factory reset by press and hold the ambient button then go to settings and factory reset

0 Likes