JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q7 blue screen tv turns on and off

(Topic created: 03-15-2020 08:00 AM)
user9ZKaUOxWNQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
This seems to be a common problem with this tv. A TV should last more than 2 years.... way beyond 2 years. 

I have a 2017 Q7 model# QN55Q7FAMFXZA that I have had for 2 years. The tv was working fine and all of a sudden the screen turned blue. I did some trouble shooting:
 If I have it connected to the one connect the screen turns off and on. If the one connect is disconnected the screen stays on but just blue. My tv warranty expired Dec 2019.  This is so frustrating and disappointing as the tv is fairly new. Our family is stuck at home as a precaution of corona and now we have no tv. Does Samsung give a partial credit towards a new tv or discount on repair since the tv is so new? What are my options? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Disconnect the One Connect Box to see if the TV displays an error message.

Note: If your TV does not have a power cord directly to the wall outlet, skip this step.

Disconnect the One Connect Box (either by disconnecting its power cord, or the One Connect cable).

• If you see anything (like a message or picture) on the TV after disconnecting the One Connect Box, the One Connect Box needs to be replaced.
  • If the TV is plugged into a wall outlet, turned on, and disconnected from the One Connect Box, but no message appears, then the unit would require service( See below for link)

Locate an authorized service center in your area for in warranty or out of warranty units: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location. 

Test the HDMI cable.

• Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test or is not connected by HDMI, skip to the next step.
  • The test is designed for HDMI cords less than 2 meters long and may not give accurate results on longer cords.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to

• Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable. Service is not required.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, the next step from here would be service we have a couple of different options if you have an extended warranty then you can go to your place of purchase or if you prefer I can go ahead and set you up for service you would just need to send me a private message using this link. https://bit.ly/33nV7pS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry to hear about your issue. I have the same model 2017 QN55Q7FAMFXZA don't have the Blue Screen issue but I do occasionally see white or other colors flashes when using any HDMI inputs. Sometimes I turn the tv on and only see a Gray screen with sound have to unplug.

0 Likes
user9ZKaUOxWNQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry to hear about your problem. What a shame to have problems with such an expensive tv.

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yeah paid like $1800 from Best buy. Waiting on one more software update to see if any fix if not will buy a Sony. Would never buy a Samsung product again especially a tv.

usertFebUGNUDw
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

EXACT same thing is happening with our tv!! Just started today naturally while we are all locked down in our home. We have a qled 7 series. When I was researching it looks like they need to replace the one connect and or the fiber that connects it to the tv. Either way so stupid. 

user9ZKaUOxWNQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you price the one connect cable?? Wow! So expensive! Yes I agree, stupid! 

Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Disconnect the One Connect Box to see if the TV displays an error message.

Note: If your TV does not have a power cord directly to the wall outlet, skip this step.

Disconnect the One Connect Box (either by disconnecting its power cord, or the One Connect cable).

• If you see anything (like a message or picture) on the TV after disconnecting the One Connect Box, the One Connect Box needs to be replaced.
  • If the TV is plugged into a wall outlet, turned on, and disconnected from the One Connect Box, but no message appears, then the unit would require service( See below for link)

Locate an authorized service center in your area for in warranty or out of warranty units: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location. 

Test the HDMI cable.

• Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test or is not connected by HDMI, skip to the next step.
  • The test is designed for HDMI cords less than 2 meters long and may not give accurate results on longer cords.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to

• Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable. Service is not required.

0 Likes
userFLXJJwsjPu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I disagree with the Samsung response above:

I replaced the One Connect box and still getting the blue screen - no change from the original One Connect box.  Very frustrating that the picture is great, after I go through the morning gyrations of unplugging HDMI cable, resetting the cable box, power cable unplug to get it to work.

Sad that this issue is now forcing me to throw this 2017 65Q7C TV away.  I doubt it will be another Samsung TV.

How about a credit toward a replacement TV ????

0 Likes
usertFebUGNUDw
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Insane! $607 I mean I understand a few hundred but $607 is ridiculous. We paid $4500 for a tv 2 years ago and it just goes out randomly. It's literally been sitting there not touched and it gives out. Like we babied it because who spends that amount of money on a tv, I expected it to last at least 5 years. Our other two Samsung tvs that were $400 are naturally working perfectly...go figure. My son even took a bat to one and it's in perfect condition. My husband has to work from home during this shut down so I ordered it this morning. This tv is his baby. So far it hasn't shipped and it probably won't be here for at least 2 weeks. Shipping was $100 btw. I'm just more annoyed that it's basically the cost of a new tv.  But seriously this is a huge problem with this model of tv. I've heard of so many people having the same exact issue. I think it's a faulty cable that's causing it. It's basically fishing string. They upgraded the new tvs to a thicker cable. I love Samsung when it works but this is obviously a huge design flaw that was overlooked and they won't pay or replace what is bound to break within a couple of years. Nothing exploded or caught on fire so they aren't going to do anything about it. 

0 Likes