JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q80BD, Fit to Screen

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 11:06 AM)
cmccoy
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a brand new QN65Q80BDF. Is it normal for almost every program, commercial and movie display a different screen size. Some are Full Screen and some Letter Box of different sizes. Is this standard/normal or fixable? I have spoken with customer service three times #<hidden> and they had no answer after looking into the tv and checking adjustments. I have it set at Dynamic 16:9 Standard and Fit to Screen Auto. Is this TV functioning correctly or not?

<hidden>

#<hidden>

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Yes, this will happen as TV programs will be in different resolutions it can cause this to happen especially with live TV. You will notice with older movies and shows this will occur as they will more than likely be in 1080p or 720p and will cause the aspect ratio to change. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Yes, this will happen as TV programs will be in different resolutions it can cause this to happen especially with live TV. You will notice with older movies and shows this will occur as they will more than likely be in 1080p or 720p and will cause the aspect ratio to change. 

0 Likes