JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q80T Banding/Grey Patches?

(Topic created: 12-18-2020 05:37 AM)
userG33xfE5tiO
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I've had my TV for a few months now and have had issues with stretches of grey/banding.
I thought I would get used to the banding, but it's honestly getting harder and harder to ignore.

It's the worst during white/one-color moving imagery.

Is there any fix/way to get my TV repaired?

I've also heard banding gets better with time and/or is an issue with most QLED TV's and isn't worth getting a replacement for, is this true?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello there, my sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. I would love to look into this for you :).

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Does this happen on all sources? If so, service is required.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. If the picture test failed then service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

-If the unit is out of warranty, you can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
uservFTUNiwPlM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issues with my Q80T I purchased just a few months ago. What do you suggest I do?

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes