JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q80T audio cuts out (every 30-60 minutes)

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 10:10 AM)
JoshTreitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi there,

I have a Q80T tv hooked up to a PS5 (via a 2.1 hdmi from PlayStation to HDMI 4 - the one for next gen gaming), and then a Q950a soundbar hooked up via the eArc port on the tv and soundbar. 

When playing movies on the PlayStation, they will be working fine (Atmos, HDR, 4k) but every 30-60 minutes sound will cut out for 1-2 seconds. My first tests involved limiting the variables, so I tried the same 4k discs in the ps5 on another tv, and had no cuts at all. Then I removed the soundbar and hooked up the ps5 back to the Q80t and played volume out of the tv speakers. The skips started again. Therefore it is not a ps5/disc issue or a soundbar connection issue. Something is happening with the tv itself. 

I paid a lot for this whole setup and don’t want to just live with this issue, so I am desperate to find a solution to this. I have seen a lot of posters complaining of similar issues but have not yet seen a solution.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater
Send error report
0 Likes
JoshTreitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

As far as I can tell there is no error report, it is just playing the movie as usual, then it completely cuts out for 2 seconds, then returns. This happens randomly every 30-60 minutes. 

0 Likes
JoshTreitz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Update: After some talks with Samsung Support I have tried a few more things to no avail. I tried making the audio output just PCM (instead of Auto) and I still get audio drops. I tried a factory reset of the tv, and still get audio drops. The next suggestion I got was to call a local technician, but because I am out of warranty this will come out of my pocket. I am fairly certain this started due to a firmware update, but there doesnt seem to be a way to revert to past firmware updates...so any more recommendations are very welcome. 

0 Likes
Solution
userG86oQnqHnM
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

If your Samsung TV audio cuts out, one of the biggest culprits could be the Anynet setting. This setting, when turned on, can essentially hijack your sound. To turn off Anynet, click 'Menu' from your remote > select 'General' > select 'External Device Manager' > click 'Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) > 'Enter' > 'Off.

See: https://versuscomparison.com/samsung-q70t-vs-q80t/