Original topic:

Q8DT (Q80T) TV Audio cutting out again after firmware 2201.0 applied

(Topic created: 03-01-2022 11:37 AM)
Samsung_eNqSCOY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased a 65" Q8DT and dealt with the audio cutout issue from May 2020 until firmware 2100 applied in January 2022.  Once firmware 2100 applied the random audio cutouts stopped.  On 2/26/2022 firmware 2200 automatically applied to the TV and the cutouts started again.  I went into a chat session with Samsung support and I followed their troubleshooting steps including a factory reset of the TV.  The support tech said I cannot go backwards with firmware updates.  What I need from Samsung is to figure out a way that I can go back to the 2100 firmware or Samsung fixes the 2200 firmware update.  Or I need the next firmware update to remove all the changes the 2200 firmware made.  The TV is connected to a cable box, xbox series x and a Saumsung Q950A soundbar.  All connections are HDMI.

4 Replies
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
ZERO ADDITIONAL TIME FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS
0 Likes
userq1762PtyZJ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We just bought a 75" QN800A.  The audio clipped in and out randomly.  We got a replacement from Best Buy and guest what - within 7 mins, same thing.  @userf6y49KlI8n you've got a real issue w/ your software if this is an issue where my Panasonic Plasma from 2012 didn't have this issue whatsoever.  

0 Likes
user0iXftRR7mp
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am also getting audio cutouts, mine are only when I am playing uncompressed dolby atmos from my UHD player through the passthrough on the TV.  I tried basically everything, new cables, changing every setting I could on both the player and the TV, ports, etc.  as it was working fine up until recently. If I bypass the TV and just go from my UHD to the sound, works fine.  Playing anything other than non compressed dolby atmos through the passthrough e-arc also works fine, it's only happening for me on the uncompressed atmos.   Has anyone had any luck with fixing this?  It's quite annoying.

0 Likes
userVrlWB2CKuE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have had the exact same issue after updating. This was fixed and it is now broken. This only happens on Dolby Atmos uncompressed audio. Extremely frustrating. I have tried everything to fix this problem. 

0 Likes