JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q900 QLED 8K TV 3 almost invisible vertical lines

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 07:36 AM)
useroR0zHcPhDh
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just bought this tv 3 weeks ago to play my new Xbox Series X. Everything was great until I noticed 3 almost invisible vertical lines on my tv. It splits my screen into 4 equal parts. When I'm gaming and there's solid colors on the screen I can see them. Also noticed that there's 3 green pixels on the top of the screen where the line starts. I tried using different HDMI cords and nothing works. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useroR0zHcPhDh
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Took mine back and got every single dollar back. Spent it on a 65 inch LG CX OLED 4K and had it for about 2 months almost and never been more satisfied. That Samsung Tv is garbage. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources? Also, does this occur during the picture test? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroR0zHcPhDh
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It doesn't happen when I'm watching Netflix or regular tv. It only happens when I'm playing an Xbox series X game on the Xbox series X. Regular Xbox one games I have downloaded to the Xbox Series X that I play don't show the vertical banding. I think it's a problem with the Variable Refresh Rate. I've connected my Xbox Series X to another tv in the living room and it was fine. Also have a PS5 and it doesn't do this on the Samsung Q900R QLED 8K TV but the PS5 doesn't have Variable Refresh Rate. So I'm starting to think it's more of an Xbox problem than the TV. But I'm not sure. 

0 Likes
useroR0zHcPhDh
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Also it doesn't occur on the picture test. 

0 Likes
userwJXlLDmNJt
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue! First on my One X.. luckily I got a Series X yesterday.. it's better but still there. Is this why yours is doing? See the faint line just right of the character. 

the Samsung support are useless because they email me with troubleshoot suggestions but you can't email them back  

E934DF8F-BA65-4A00-BBB7-D2F40BDA756B.jpeg

0 Likes
Juanargueta
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
same issue
0 Likes
Solution
useroR0zHcPhDh
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Took mine back and got every single dollar back. Spent it on a 65 inch LG CX OLED 4K and had it for about 2 months almost and never been more satisfied. That Samsung Tv is garbage. 

0 Likes