Original topic:

Q90T TV servers down for maintenance

(Topic created: 11-25-2020 10:42 AM)
Sauwen
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a friend with this television and so Samsung tech support has not been able to resolve his issue. His TV keeps telling him that the Samsung servers are down for maintenance (for a week straight) so none of his smart TV features will function. His router and internet are obviously working for every other device on his network. Are there any suggestions to resolve his issue?

63 Replies
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, Everyone, With the way the it's not connecting, there could be a variety of reasonings that this could be occurring. 

To verify it's not an issue with your television, I would recommend trying to set up a connection with a mobile hotspot to see if the unit will connect using the hotspot. If it does indeed connect in that way, the issue will lie within your router's settings or could be a potential issue with the wifi extender (if you have one of those being used) or even could be a firewall that is blocking the connection. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/#network-status-shows-an-x-between-the... 

Also, please make sure that you have the latest version of firmware on your unit. If you temporarily hardwire your connection you can have the unit to pull the update from online. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/

If none of the troubleshooting steps above have helped, and you're still unable to connect even with the hotspot, please reach out to a moderator as this may be a situation that would best be addressed by having a technician take a look. 

0 Likes
usergfr7yklijy
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am running in the exact same issue.

When using the "smartthings app", the app will force you to share your GPS location "Always", if you do not set it to always, it will prevent you from setting up the TV.

Even then, the TV does not setup properly.

I basically bought a giant paper weight.

This is unacceptable Samsung.

userWOpOqlmioS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey! I have the same problem. I have reset the tv. Reset my passwords. Connected to the network manually but it will still. It connect the to server. Trouble is that Samsung support are not available because of the corona virus!

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes