JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T TV servers down for maintenance

(Topic created: 11-23-2020 09:05 AM)
Sauwen
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a friend with this television and so Samsung tech support has not been able to resolve his issue. His TV keeps telling him that the Samsung servers are down for maintenance (for a week straight) so none of his smart TV features will function. His router and internet are obviously working for every other device on his network. Are there any suggestions to resolve his issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, Everyone, With the way the it's not connecting, there could be a variety of reasonings that this could be occurring. 

To verify it's not an issue with your television, I would recommend trying to set up a connection with a mobile hotspot to see if the unit will connect using the hotspot. If it does indeed connect in that way, the issue will lie within your router's settings or could be a potential issue with the wifi extender (if you have one of those being used) or even could be a firewall that is blocking the connection. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/#network-status-shows-an-x-between-the... 

Also, please make sure that you have the latest version of firmware on your unit. If you temporarily hardwire your connection you can have the unit to pull the update from online. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/

If none of the troubleshooting steps above have helped, and you're still unable to connect even with the hotspot, please reach out to a moderator as this may be a situation that would best be addressed by having a technician take a look. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
63 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
from what I've read they are doing a full system update for the built in apps for the tv (hulu, vudu, etc.) and also rolling out Google Assistant and all of its functions to the TVs also. It's a Big deal as far as improvements go and your tv having a more immersive system with all your other devices. Think they are scheduled to complete by the end of November early December. Hope that Helps
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
it should come with a Server_patch and a Security_patch also. And will delete apps that are preinstalled but outdated while installing new apps that the company has made deals with whether its Disney+ , Hulu , Peacock etc.
0 Likes
user58L7nNT3lz
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi I have the Samsung Q6FN65.

The TV regularly cannot connect to the Samsung servers. Because of this I cannot login with my account info and cannot download apps.

I tested getting an update and was able to get version 1270. After that update, the tv did connect for about an hour. But by the end of the night, I was no longer logged in.

I tested reseting the Smart Hub. Bad Idea!. This uninstalled my chosen apps. And now I still cannot login to my Samsung account. I cannot download apps.

I need this resolved. The smart features are a major reason for buying the TV.

IMG_20191116_122751.jpgIMG_20191116_123441.jpg

IMG_20191116_123042.jpg

user58L7nNT3lz
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I contacted Samsung support chat. I had to reset the TV. Had to go throught the setup and login process. The smart hub then hung when entering the the apps menu. Had to power off and power on TV to resolve that. The menu was sluggish. The Samung tech remotely reset the smart hub. I had to login again.

TV is connecting properly now.

userd25xJSHVNx
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem. I have reset the tv. Reset my passwords. Connected to the network manually but it will still. It connect the to server. Trouble is that Samsung support are not available because of the corona virus!

0 Likes
user58L7nNT3lz
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

FYI: This solution only worked for a limited time before had the same problem. One issue seems to be with my DNS blocking untrustworth site. The Samsung TV has multiple domains it connects just because it is on. It seems a subset of those domains are all required for the TV to function normally. For instance, I can use all the TV apps currently installed, but I cannot login to the Samsung account, install new apps, and/or update current apps.

user2E0oor0d5g
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you, this helped me. I had recently installed Pi-hole for add blocking

userUMFVNyvfsl
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

What domains did you add to PI-hole to fix this issue? I have installed one also and see the same problem.

useroTLlovyNC3
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have exactly the same problem...it has been one week and I have gone through all the same steps and I am very frustrated and very unhappy...i have the Q8c model number QA75Q8CAMK . Model code is QA75Q8CAMKXZN that I bought in Dubai but I live and work in Ethiopia as a diplomat...could it be that the location is the problem..please..i need urgent help...im stuck at home because of the corona situation and I can't use my TV to view my regular app programs...im very disappointed 😞 

0 Likes