JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wall Mount Needed For QLED QN65Q70RAFXZA ?

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 10:48 AM)
user1oQMeZ5M8m
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I need to wall mount a QLED Q70R (QN65Q70RAFXZA). The manual is HORRIBLE - it says to call a phone number that just repeats "I can't hear you, please call again" over and over and then hangs up. The TV appears to have 4 x 1.5" (37.5 mm) deep holes in the back in a 400mm x 300mm VESA pattern, but the holes have philips head screws at the bottom and the manual shows you need a "wall mount adapter" - no part number, no size details, only that the VESA screws should be M8, 41-43mm in length, 1.25 pitch (NO description of the "adapter" the screws should use when connecting to the TV. The manual can be found at http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201905/20190516131051851/BN68-09450G-00_Q70R_ZA_ENG_US_... . Page 7 contains all of the information on wall mounting. Can anyone provide more useful information about how to properly install a mounting bracket before I return this as a piece of junk? Thank you for your time.

11 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I found this video on a Samsung youtube Channel for setting up the VESA wall mount for yout tv type. Hopefully this helps you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkxrQO_oCuE

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Find out how to safely install a VESA wall mount to hang your TV from. Register your Samsung product to access all services and get faster support at https://bit.ly/register-samsung-products First off, ensure you find the ideal spot for your TV on the wall - consult a professional if unsure about
user1oQMeZ5M8m
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The video is accurate and appreciated. However, neither the materials included with the TV, the online manuals, or the Samsung website specify the Part Number for the require VESA Wall Mount (which is NOT included with the TV). Furthermore, neither the materials included with the TV, the online manuals, or the Samsung website specify the Part Number for the Adapter Kit required to use a third party wall mount. The Moderator reply from SamsungLou to this posting includes a picture of the "wall mount adapters" that were included with the TV, but 1) there are no instructions how these adapters are supposed to work (not included with the TV, in the online manuals, on the website), and 2) the pictured adapters do NOT match the adapters pictured in the manual - they are a completely different design!

I appreciate the effort, but I still don't have proper documentation.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

We are sorry to hear about this. The wall mount adapters are small plastic rings that fit between the mount and the television. They would have been included in the box with the television.

0 Likes
user1oQMeZ5M8m
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This posting includes a picture of the "wall mount adapters" that were included with the TV. However 1) there are no instructions how these adapters are supposed to work (not included with the TV, in the online manuals, on the website), 2) the pictured adapters do NOT match the adapters pictured in the manual - they are a completely different design, and 3) they do not fit in the holes on the back of the TV, do not have threads that would allow them to connect to a screw going into the holes on the back of the TV, and do not match any written documentation.

I appreciate the effort, but I still don't have proper documentation.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

On page 7 of the user manual should be able to help you the most, it will need a Vesa mount with a 400x300 screw wholes and the spacers go in between the mount and the TV. Samsung also recommends a professional install to install the TV. 

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201902/20190208122345757/BN68-09450A-00_Q70R_ZA_ENG_US_...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDVLVGjmwvD
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
0 Likes
Solution
user1oQMeZ5M8m
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

A DETAILED ANSWER

Between the replies I received and my own research, I now have a detailed answer, which I present here:

The QLED QN65Q70RAFXZA ("Q70R") has 4 x 1.6" (41 mm) deep holes in the back in a 400mm x 300mm VESA pattern. The holes are threaded and are used with M8 screws (1.25 pitch) to attach any VESA complaint wall mount bracket to the Q70R (Screws are NOT included with the TV and should be purchased at your local hardware store. Wall mount bracket is NOT included with the TV). Care must be used in selecting the proper length of screws - screws that go more than 41 mm into the Q70R may damage the screen, while shorter screws may not properly secure the wall mount brackets. Included with the TV are 4 plastic offsets. These offsets are not required, but can be used as washers to compensate for the length of the screws (example: I used 45mm screws with the plastic offsets).  Additional details:

1. A specific Samsung wall mount is NOT required. Any 400mm x 300mm VESA pattern compliant wall mount certified to hold the weight of the Q70R should work (I recommend a mount rated for at least 100 pounds to be safe).

2. The holes in the Q70R have philips head screws at the bottom - leave them alone! They are part of the TV and should not be removed. Attempting to remove them may damage the TV.

3. M8 screws are typically available in various lengths in multiples of 5mm. 45mm screws appear to be the best for many wall mounts, but the correct size will vary according to wall mount design.

4. M8 screws typically come with "flat" tips, but sometimes can be found with tapered tips. The Q70R MUST be secured using "flat" tipped screws - tapered tips will not properly engage enough of the threads in the TV to safely hold it in place.

userSyykE8xDd6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, and seeking assist.

Just bought a new QN7DR 65" Samsung and want to wall mount.  So... the 4 VESA screw holes on the back of the set have no visible thread.  Was hoping to use a previous wall mount  I have for my old Samsung 51" plasma.  I removed the old back panel mounts from the 51, and the VESA screws are smaller in diameter and are not applicable.  Even if I go with a new mount,  there are still NO THREADED holes in my new set.  
Thoughts?

0 Likes
user5ZbCP5ZWvB
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you! I've just bought the same TV and was having problems figuring out what length and size screws to buy and how to attach it using my existing wall mount. This post was very helpful!

And to the person above. I couldn't see the thread inside the holes either, but I'm told they're deep inside. If you shine a flashlight in, you can kind of see some thread for the screws to attach to.

0 Likes