Original topic:

QLED TV Overheating

(Topic created: 10-10-2023 04:28 PM)
Fin
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a 2yr old QN55Q90TA FXZA, after a few hours it becomes extremely hot. The tv is on a stand 12in. from wall. There are times when I  lose certain functions on the remote, that's when I've pushed too far. Other times the picture looks like it will melt or is. Does anyone know of a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you . 

View solution in context

7 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame
Possible that the heatsink and/or fans are clogged with dust do you get any error message about the overheating
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
Have you tried running the performance test on your TV it's usually in the settings
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you . 

Fin
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have pictures this time!

20231202_220655.jpg

OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
@FIN Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television.

Also is this new Post related to this post?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/QLED-TV-Overheating/td-p/2687737?src=ShareByU...

If it is? I deduced that it's related to another user experiencing issues with overheating of their Samsung Television. I'd like to work with both of you to get you the assistance from Samsung.

I see that another user with the same Samsung Televison is having similar overheating issues. I'm cross posting. Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/TV-Edge-Hot/td-p/2743289?src=ShareByUserCM
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
I've taken a proactive approach and reached out to @Samsung_Moderator and sent them a Direct Message. Related to your Post

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd like to be of assistance to you with your question. I'll suggest a few potential solutions for you to try.

Samsung Product Support Website:

"How to Discharge or Cold Boot Your Samsung Television"

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/

1. Unplug the TV from the power source.
2. ***Wait for at least 60 seconds to discharge any residual power.***
3. Plug the TV back into the power source.
4. Disconnect all Devices & Cables from your Samsung Television IE: USB, HDMI, Digital Optical Output, Mouse, & Keyboard
5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the remote or the physical power button.
6. If your Samsung Television is plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector. (Test and ensure that the Power Strip or Surge Protector is Functioning Properly)

If these steps don't resolve the issue with your Samsung Television. I will provide additional information on how to seek Support for your Samsung Television here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message with your full model and Serial Number and the Information below to a Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator

Please be sure to have this information available:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
@Samsung_Moderator

I've attached a screenshot of the message I sent to you about these two cases. Thank you for your asistance!1701726794387.jpg
0 Likes