JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QLED can't reset because I can't scroll up or down in the settings and sub-menus

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 03:43 PM)
gailk
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can't reset my qled tv. the information on wiikihow site works only if you can scroll up and down the menu. My tv won't do that. What is another way I can reset and update my tv. Hoping this will solve all problems.  (I doubt it, though)

TIA

You know, I paid more for this TV, thinking I would be getting a better TV.  The settings and the apps have been a pain since day one.

5 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. I completely understand your concerns about the tv not being able to reset and stroll up and down in the settings and sub-menus. With the TV on, press and hold the power button on your Samsung TV remote until the TV turns off and back on. When the TV comes back on, everything should be back to normal.

If it's not responding to your remote at all for scrolling, You could also try calling in and speaking with our remote management team, they should be able to reset it for you, and that should clear up the symptoms as well. (1-800-726-7864)

If this doesn't resolve the issue, this type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. For service information or to set up repairs: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ 

gailk
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

No that didn't work. I have been read up on this has happened before to myself. I just don't feel like being put on hold for a long time. This is a big problems with samsung's Qled just from what I have read. There is certain sequence of thing I should be pressing to get to atleast use the reset. Not just hold the on/off button. I know that for sure. But I had to try it just in case it did work.  I don't think you should be telling people to take in the tv for repairs when I know there is a solution and you don't know it. I just have to find it... or sit on hold forever 🙂

gailk
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well, Astronaut, I got it!! Everything working as it should now. No, thanks to you. I couldn't believe your answer. Go have it service. Sorry, but if it was to come to that, I would buy another TV and Samsung would be the last TV I would ever buy again. But as it turn out, there is a lot of information on Samsung TV's on other sites. The product is flawed a bit, but as long as they give the right information to fix it, they are OK in my books. You Sir or Madame do not belong working for Samsung giving advice on how to fix anything. Where else but here would most people come to when they are having Samsung problems. You give Samsung a BAD Name!!

jratcliff63367
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

So.....what fixed it!?!? Same problem here.

Anguarda
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here...

And I´ve read all the other topics about this.

This is so annoying