Original topic:

QLED less than 2 years old needs service?

(Topic created: 06-12-2022 09:04 PM)
userKBdjflQ2DB
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can someone explain how a TV bought in October or 2020 has already fallen victim to power cycling issues?

I've researched this problem on these very forums and across the internet, none of the troubleshooting tips resolve anything. I went from having a well reviewed gaming display to a 50 inch paperwieght in the blink of a screen.

Now I'm supposed to pack this TV up, drive 80 miles roundtrip and drop another 200 to 300 dollars to fix it because I didn't buy an extended warranty?

Y'all wild for not seeing this issue as a widespread flaw in manufacturing and comping costs.

2 Replies
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I feel your pain.  2020 Frame 55" - exact same power cycle issue started last week. Ordered a used one connect box on eBay for $59.  

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Replacement One Connect box arrived today -- exact same power cycle.  I was 99% sure it was a bad box.  Should I try replacing the cable and/or power cord?  Is it possible it's the actual display that's causing the power cycle?  I see it say "the frame" and a channel number, and even hear audio for a second or two before it reboots. 

0 Likes