JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN32Q50RAFXZA Diffuser replacement part number

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 05:50 AM)
WheresMyMedia
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a samsung TV model QN32Q50RAFXZA and the semi translucent piece of material in between the backlight and the lcd panel which I assume is a diffuser has faded streaks on it making those areas more translucent than the rest which results in a streak through the image.  The diffuser panel is a drop in replacement that attached to a couple hooks.  To no avail I've been unable to find even a part number so I can try to replace it.  For the moment I have removed the material which results is a bit of a darker image that pops less and makes HDR content look horrible.  I tried contacting samsung parts but they were not helpful to either order or even identify the part number.  Can someone please give me a part number so maybe I can find and order this part as the TV is no longer under warranty, but I'd like to get a few more years out of it at the quality of image it was designed to produce.  It's difficulties like this that make me support right to repair legislation with a passion.  If I don't get any answers or help from samsung, my next outlet will be social media as this is a super simple to replace part that doesn't even require any tools to replace.
20220907_162900_med.jpg

William Steele
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I couldn’t live with my TV not having a perfect picture. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

For all parts available for repair for our devices, I recommend reaching out to samsungparts.com They can also be reached at 1-800-627-4368. I know you stated that you've contacted them, if they didn't have the direct part number, the only way that you would probably be able to obtain this more than likely is by purchasing a service manual, as not all part numbers are available to Samsung's customer support team, we would not be able to provide that directly here.  

Additionally, Another option that we can have is reaching out to a local repair center in your area, they may be able to assist you a little further with this repair, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location