JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN50Q80 weird black shadow checkerboarding

(Topic created: 10-24-2022 07:05 AM)
Lulzwagon
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

About 2 months ago I bought a Samsung QN50Q80 and I love it, but yesterday I started noticing a black almost checkerboard pattern across the bottom and top of the screen. You can only see it when there is a flat colour on-screen - when the screen is busy it is not noticeable.

Anyone know what the cause of this and if there's a fix?

PXL_20221024_132227842.jpg

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be concerning with your new TV having display issues. If this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. To run a picture test you can do the following: 

1. Turn the TV On.
2. Press the Settings button.

3. Select Support.

4. Select Device Care.

5. Select Self Diagnosis.

6. Select Picture test.

7. To start the picture test, select OK.

If it still occurs you have a couple of options based on your warratny. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be concerning with your new TV having display issues. If this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. To run a picture test you can do the following: 

1. Turn the TV On.
2. Press the Settings button.

3. Select Support.

4. Select Device Care.

5. Select Self Diagnosis.

6. Select Picture test.

7. To start the picture test, select OK.

If it still occurs you have a couple of options based on your warratny. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes