Original topic:

QN55Q60TAF loses connection to the internet

(Topic created: 03-21-2021 11:26 AM)
userQn6Krh7SOx
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Like many others it seems, our new 55" QLED TV loses connection to the internet.   There is no problem with the wifi in the house or with any other devices.  I downloaded the most recent Samsung firmware onto a flashdrive and plugged it into the TV, but it was already updated with the latest.  The only way to get the TV to reconnect to the internet is to unplug it and plug it back in every time we turn it on.

This is obviously a problem.  Any suggestions we haven't already tried?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
Have you tried hardware the tv into the router/modem see if that stabilizes connection.
0 Likes
userqefnGENRA6
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

My QLED TV cannot be connected to wifi anymore. It kept losing wifi connection. I Unplugged the TV and the problem was solved for a few days. Now it cannot be connected to wifi at all. I have stable wifi. Very disappointing. I bought it two weeks ago and have spent hours on fixing this problem. 

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, try the following:

Reset the TV:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.

If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network:

This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.

Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would suggest calling Samsung helpdesk, very short hold times(1 min), as I am finding out that they have a software update that might fix the WIFI issue.  I am going to try it on my Q90T.

0 Likes
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After speaking with the helpdesk today they advised there is a software update for my Q90T to 1469 from 1462. They sent me a link with download and pdf with instructions. Update completed so now will have to wait to see if that fixes the issue.

0 Likes