Original topic:

QN65Q7CAMFXZA start screen is Vertical Violet and Green Bars

(Topic created: 05-31-2022 09:59 PM)
userdMsJectrqP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Upon first start up of the day. I press the "on" button on my remote.  TV starts up but does not display any content, it displays Vertical  Violet and Green Bars.  If I let the TV sit for about 10 minutes warming up showing those Bars and then press and hold the "On" button of my remote, I see the QLED startup screen and then the TV works perfectly until I turn it off and let it cool down to room temperature.  (ONCE WARMED UP AND BOOTED PAST THE PROBLEM SCREEN, ALL INPUT SOURCES DISPLAY THE CONTENT PERFECTLY. ) This has been going on for a few months.  TV software is up to date.  Self Diagnosis shows NO problems.  Screen Test shows the test picture PERFECTLY. I did 2 complete RESETS of the TV and that did not help either.   Any ideas what could be causing this ?  If I need to have a tech. work on it, I'll save my money and just toss it in the garbage and buy another brand of TV. It'll be my last Samsung purchase (and I have four Samsung TV's).    thanks  (SEE PIC BELOW, in person the light areas are violet and the dark/bluish areas are green).   I FORGOT TO MENTION I POSTED THIS TO ALL OF MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS, FRIENDS WILL EITHER OFFER HELP OR THEY WILL REALIZE THEY HAVE BEEN WARNED !Samsung opening screen.jpeg

4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there! I can definitely understand the concern and frustration with these lines on your TV. I'd like to clarify some things so I can best assist you. When you tried the picture test, was this after the TV had "warmed up" and was displaying correctly, or were you able to do the picture test while the vertical lines were showing? Also, you mentioned all the inputs work correctly once the lines are gone, have you checked different inputs while the lines are there? 

userdMsJectrqP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for YOUR QUESTIONS:

1) "When you tried the picture test, was this after the TV had "warmed up" and was displaying correctly?" YES, after the set was warmed up and the TV booted past the screen with the VERTICAL BARS in the picture I posted and past the "Samsung QLED Logo greeting".

2) "Or, were you able to do the picture test while the vertical lines were showing?" NO, I could not do the picture test, NOR  any other test or ANYTHING else until the TV warmed up and it then boots past the VERTICAL BARS and the "Samsung QLED Logo greeting".

3) "Also, you mentioned all the inputs work correctly once the lines are gone, have you checked different inputs while the lines are there?" While the VERTICAL BARS are showing, I can do nothing, but wait with the VERTICAL BARS displayed for about 10 to 15 minutes. I try to use my remote to bring up the menu bar at the bottom of the screen and the TV does NOT respond.  Therefore, I am unable to switch to HDMI2 (was a Firestick, which I have since removed this week and has not affected this issue when it was attached nor when removed).  Since I can't get the menu bar to come up when the VERTICAL BARS are displayed I also can't test any of my on-screen APPS (Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, Youtube) to see if they will display anything. I only have 1 hardwire device attached since I removed the Firestick from HDMI2; HDMI1 has always been attached to my DISH box which I have had for a couple of years with no problems.

NOTE: When I see the TV display the "QLED Samsung Logo greeting", I know the TV is going to finish its boot-up and display my content.  Until it displays that Logo greeting, any attempts to press and hold the "ON" button on my remote simply returns me back to the VERTICAL BARS.  Through trial and error I figured out it needed to sit with the BARS displaying for 10 to 15 minutes before it would complete its boot-up and display the Logo greeting.  Waiting 5 minutes or less with the BARS displayed before pressing the "ON" button and holding it always returns me to the VERTICAL BARS.

NOTE2: If I have achieved success and the TV is displaying content, and I switch the TV off with the remote and IMMEDIATELY back on quickly, the TV brings my content right back up WITHOUT displaying the VERTICAL BARS.  Noticing this result and having to wait 10 to 15 minutes on a cold start of the TV is why I think the TV has to warm up before it will boot past the VERTICAL BARS and the QLED Samsung greeting logo screen.

I hope this answers your questions.  If you have more questions or need clarification, I'll be happy to reply.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Based on the information you've provided, at this time we would recommend service. There’s a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/all-tvs/

0 Likes
userdMsJectrqP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Of course, it's out of warranty.   I want to thank you greatly, I was about to spend several thousand dollars on a new Samsung 75 or 85 inch, top of the line TV as my vision is deteriorating I like to move up to bigger screens.  Instead, I will be spending my thousands of dollars with ANY company OTHER than Samsung.  So, into the trash pile goes my last purchase from Samsung.  BESIDES, I'M ALREADY SUING YOUR COMPANY FOR SELLING DEFECTIVE SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATORS - WHAT A GIANT CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT THAT IS !   "SAMSUNG = GARBAGE"  That's a catchy new slogan for your company !  thx

0 Likes