JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN75QN90A caught fire. Can be repaired?

(Topic created: 10-12-2022 10:10 AM)
MrT31
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought a QN75QN90A 3 months ago.  This past weekend, the screen went dark blue, a crackling sound could be heard from the TV and then the room smelled of electrical equipment burning.  Technicians arrived today and when they took off the back panel, we instantly noticed burn marks, wires and ribbon cable completely burned through.  They said they have never seen anything like this before.  They suggested I get a replacement from Samsung.  When I contacted Samsung support, they insist it can be fixed. This is a FIRE HAZARD!!  IT CAUGHT ON FIRE!!.  Replacing a wire or a panel doesn't address what caused this issue.  Samsung refuses to budge.  What do I do?  Get legal involved?  Consumer affairs?  $2500 dollars spent to watch a TV for 3 months before it catches on fire and then told its a simple repair.  How unsafe is that?!?!TV Full back.jpgTV Zoom.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

That's so frustrating! I would be happy to look into this for you and see what options we have available. Could you provide either the TV full model code and serial number or the ticket number for the service via private message to any of the mods here?

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
maggieleen
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
I can't get my message to show are my wifi to stay on what can I do
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
Samsung want you to spend money but never want to honor their products. Do you have warranty on it?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

That's so frustrating! I would be happy to look into this for you and see what options we have available. Could you provide either the TV full model code and serial number or the ticket number for the service via private message to any of the mods here?

0 Likes
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
Well, it seems to be a small component far away from the main board, and I am assuming you had this TV plugged into a functioning surge protector, yes? I'd say it's a valid repair, don't think it's too much of a hazard, seen worse in the datacenter still get put back into operation. Components fail.
0 Likes
MrT31
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well aware components fail.  Does your DC have fire suppression?  Does your family live in the DC?  When a DC component has a major failure within the first 3 months, do you not call the manufacturers to ask for testing, RCA and possible replacement (and they oblige)?  Thanks for the opinion.

Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
Right, and what I am trying to say is I do not believe this is a product line wide defect, you simply happened to have received a bad product with a bad component, to which Samsung has offered to replace. I doubt this will happen again, though if you are that unsatisfied with mine and samsungs answers, you're absolutely free to sell it for parts, buy a different brand of TV and carry on. This is a community support forum. I do not see the point of your question if samsung has already said what they are willing to do regarding this. You're very welcome for the community opinion on the community forum.
0 Likes