JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN85B TV remote Voice Assistant button does not work.

(Topic created: 07-09-2022 06:48 AM)
user99F43gRgDR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

QN85B TV remote Voice Assistant button does not work. When I press the mic button the tv  tells me the microphone is turned off. All voice features and some intelligent mode features are not available.

Also in the settings/general & privacy the Voice option is greyed out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with the voice assistance not working properly. Since this is occurring, I recommend walking through the steps in the link below to get this set up! If those do not help you can call in to us directly and ask for our smart things department to get further help. The number to call is 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088583/

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with the voice assistance not working properly. Since this is occurring, I recommend walking through the steps in the link below to get this set up! If those do not help you can call in to us directly and ask for our smart things department to get further help. The number to call is 1 (800) 726-7864. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088583/

user99F43gRgDR
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had this Tv for 3 weeks now and I have tried 3 times via chat to get Samsung to help.

When I press the microphone button on the remote it says "The microphone is turned off. All voice features and some intelligent Mode features are not available".
When I go to the Settings/All settings/General & Privacy screen the "Voice" is greyed out. In the right column it shows the assistant I choose at the initial setup, but when I click on "Voice" I get the same thing about mic is turned off.

I have done 3 total factory resets and picked a different assistant. Bixby, Alexa, and Google Assistant.

The 3rd Samsung rep even stepped me thru the last reset and still no good. Now their saying they will email me. Benn 28 hours and no email. They also cancelled a service repair they scheduled.