JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN900A 85 inch picture and Sound dropping out

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 07:56 AM)
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello. I recently purchased this 85 inch 8k TV.  My family and I have noticed that the picture and sound drop out for 1-3 seconds every 20-30 minutes.  It does not matter which HDMI input is being used.   I have a PS5 , Roku, and Verizon Fios STB hooked into 3 of the HDMI inputs, and I have a Sonos Arc plugged into the eArc HDMI. 

It is super frustrating to pay this much money for a TV that is having this kind of an issues.  From what I have recently discovered online, this is a common issue for Samsung TV's lately.  I wish I knew this before I shelled out all this money for this TV, and especially since I recycled the box it came in, so no way to ship it back for a refund.  The TV is only a month old.  Please tell me there is an easy fix for this?  I contacted chat support, and they suggested unplugging from the wall for a few minutes.  I did that and that didn't work.  

0 Likes
6 Replies
NicEgypt
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you have the tv plugged into extension cord go ahead and unplug the tv and plug it into an outlet.
0 Likes
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The TV is already plugged into the outlet directly.  No surge protector or extension cord.  But odd, an $8000+ tv would have these kind of issues.  Samsung, you have really let me down with your horrible product. 

0 Likes
NicEgypt
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
I feel you! My tv not even a week old and I hear clicking sound every 5 sec or so. Very irritating! But I still have 90 days to return for replacement or a refund
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Does this occur when using any apps or nis it just when using HDMI ports?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello Larry, to be honest, I don't use the installed apps at all. I have a Roku unit that I prefer to use, so I am not sure. But with that said, it happens on all the HDMI inputs.  

I forgot to mention, the PS5 shares a HDMI switch with a Nintendo Switch.  But the drop out happens no matter which game system is being played, or If I am watching Verizon Fios, or if I am using my Roku.  

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I see. Give this link a shot for me: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes