JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN900A Speaker Distortion

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 01:55 PM)
userevYlVGgiw6
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have an 85" QN900a and the internal speakers make a loud rattle when the volume is at a moderate level and any type of bass is played.  I've posted a video (https://youtu.be/czQUIT2NHyo) showing the issue with the volume at 30 and adaptive+ volume on.  The rattle is pretty obnoxious and I want to know if you think my unit is defective or if playing sound add mid-level volumes exceeds the capability of the internal speaker.

My 85 QN900A TV, set with Apative+ sound on and the volume at 30 showing the intro from Apple TV (from tedlasso)
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userevYlVGgiw6
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update: the TV is not the issue; the problem was that I used the Samsung flush mounting equipment which essentially allows the TV to “hang” on the wall but it appears that puts the speaker section along the bottom right up against the wall. That was the vibration I was hearing: the speakers effectively vibrating against the wall. The installers did not put any spacers to give the TV any clearance from the wall which I’m guessing they were supposed to do. I found some foam blocks in the installation leftovers and put them between the tv and the wall the problem is gone.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
userevYlVGgiw6
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update: the TV is not the issue; the problem was that I used the Samsung flush mounting equipment which essentially allows the TV to “hang” on the wall but it appears that puts the speaker section along the bottom right up against the wall. That was the vibration I was hearing: the speakers effectively vibrating against the wall. The installers did not put any spacers to give the TV any clearance from the wall which I’m guessing they were supposed to do. I found some foam blocks in the installation leftovers and put them between the tv and the wall the problem is gone.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am so happy you were able to resolve your sound issue you reported. Thank you for the feedback. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5MepRRajby
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for your input, but I did use the spacers, and have a adjustable wall mount (pulls out/in) and still distorts with bass, along with the non-compatibility with earlier Yamaha AV ATMOS Receivers, just will not allow pass thru 4k, I suppose the 8k is not supported….I just blue $3500 on a …??

0 Likes
user5MepRRajby
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

SOLVED, get to the back of the TV, the 4/each side speakers..GENTLY wipe off the dust/foam packing dust, off these speakers with a soft rag, NO cleaner needed...VIOLA..! No Rattle, NO Distortion..!! Like Magic, I deserve a Reward for this Solution...! 😜

0 Likes
user5MepRRajby
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

SOLVED****, get to the back of the TV, the 4/each side speakers..GENTLY wipe off the dust/foam packing dust, off these speakers with a soft rag, NO cleaner needed...VIOLA..! No Rattle, NO Distortion..!! Like Magic, I deserve a Reward for this Solution...! 😜

0 Likes