JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90B HDMI Spec, what's the bandwidth on all 4 HDMI Ports?

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 08:03 PM)
userWHLu9NJY8k
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can't find the full specs on the QN90B HDMI ports. What bandwidth are all 4 ports capable of?

Is there a document somewhere?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Skysurfer786
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I believe they are 48gb per sec as Samsung on the qe43qn90b model says all 4 hdmi are 4k/120hz & as both LG & Samsung produce their own in-house chips instead of using the inferior chip made by another company that limits the 48bg/sec to x2 hdmi's. I read that Sony, Panasonic & other companies that do not have their own chip so they use third party chip which means they are limited to x2 40 or48gb/sec bandwidth & it varies as it seems they have no choice as the third party chip maker is not seeing it as a priority feature. I would have bought a Sony oled but unless you spend high on a TV with built-in heatsink you are at risk of screen burn issue as many TV channels have their logos in the top or bottom half of the screen always showing. If you watch Bloomberg or Sky News or BBC News or CNBC channels that have a scrolling news ticker across bottom of the screen so unless the TV channels remove their logos it is a problem. Some people say it is not as big a problem but I would rather not take the risk.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Skysurfer786
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I believe they are 48gb per sec as Samsung on the qe43qn90b model says all 4 hdmi are 4k/120hz & as both LG & Samsung produce their own in-house chips instead of using the inferior chip made by another company that limits the 48bg/sec to x2 hdmi's. I read that Sony, Panasonic & other companies that do not have their own chip so they use third party chip which means they are limited to x2 40 or48gb/sec bandwidth & it varies as it seems they have no choice as the third party chip maker is not seeing it as a priority feature. I would have bought a Sony oled but unless you spend high on a TV with built-in heatsink you are at risk of screen burn issue as many TV channels have their logos in the top or bottom half of the screen always showing. If you watch Bloomberg or Sky News or BBC News or CNBC channels that have a scrolling news ticker across bottom of the screen so unless the TV channels remove their logos it is a problem. Some people say it is not as big a problem but I would rather not take the risk.