JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Qn90a 75” 1901 firmware issues

(Topic created: 12-16-2021 02:08 AM)
useriKBSA9C4oK
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Updated my USA qn90a 75” to latest firmware via usb and have lost atmos on the internal native apps? Tried resetting tried everything. Anything hooked up through hdmi works with atmos but native internal apps do not. Hoping for a fix soon. Thanks 

12 Replies
userwe8sHoa5TP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here with QN90A 65". No Atmos with internal apps after updating to 1901.0. Rebooting/resetting does not help.

0 Likes
userEoDxjou6x4
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

same here with QN800A 85" native apps lost Atmos

userMXB7XweU8V
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here with QN900A 85".   Firmware 1901 breaks Atmos on internal Apps.

Members_VSA0Pkt
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Nice work Samsung.  ATMOS doesn't work any longer using Internal Apps as other states.  This applies to the QN85a as well.  Local Dimming is a mess.  Low is very low, and going to High does next to nothing.  Color darker.  Wish Samsung would go back and add Facial Tones again.  Would be nice to have Sharpness from 0 to 100 as 0-20 adds very little ability to add sharpness to content which has a lot of smoothing going on.  Also, Auto Off only works for Internal Apps? WHY?  BTW - Sure would be nice to provide details to your updates as everyone is wondering what got ruined or fixed without diiging hours in forums reading opinions.   Now we wait 2 months for a fix to get ATMOS back?  Thanks.

user3rQuAiJlFV
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I cannot get DD 5.1 to work with the internal apps after the 1901 update.  I have a QN800A 75".  I have raised a call which is now with second line support.

0 Likes
userR9bF9MJQzh
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new Frame 55" 2021 TV, and I can confirm that Atmos no longer works for internal apps, ARC or eARC after this upgrade.

Anyone know how to downgrade back to the previous version?

0 Likes
Narencool
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Same Atmos gone after update..wow so many issues
0 Likes
userQ9ryLjJuDw
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here, QN90a 55", no atmos after 1901 update OTA. have attempted to usb downgrade to 1805 but no luck. can this please be resolved.

0 Likes
ETorbert
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased Q70A 55" this week and discovered availability of firmware update 1901 (after seeing auto update was not detecting an update). This purchase replaced my 6 Series 50" which suddenly went dead (would not turn on except for the red light at the bottom of the unit). My eagerness to install firmware updates on the 50" model taught me a lesson when those installations would cause miscellaneous setbacks while purportedly taking care of some minor problem(s). I will not make the same mistake with the 55" model. I am happy with its performance as is. If there is a major step forward, I will let the auto update take its course.

0 Likes