JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Resolved solar bluetooth remote not staying connected

(Topic created: 02-23-2023 06:56 PM)
Dtbrown
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
 2.23.23 Wanted to provide an update for my original post that was marked as solved even though the information provided didn't solve the issue. Short answer is Samsung has an undetermined amount of defective latest version bluetooth solar remotes model b59-01385a that were distributed in the last year or so. Back story is after three remotes and with Samsung technician replacing the main board along with the wireless connection board it was determined that the remotes themselves are defective. What's been most frustrating on this process is the fact that this was what I've been telling Samsung for months. So I took it upon myself and purchased a cheap knockoff bluetooth Samsung remote from Amazon and it worked fine. So I shared this with Samsung technician and a separate Samsung technician had me ship my remote to them and they tested on their tvs and same bluetooth connection issue. BTW this was the second time I shipped a remote to a Samsung technician. I was then told they've recently been getting a large amount of service calls for same issue. So I'll now be getting my 4th remote with my fingers crossed that it's not from the bad batch and hopefully it works. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue. 

Original post: Anyone else here having remote issues not staying connected via Bluetooth? I'm on my 3rd soon to be 4th remote. Each time bluetooth won't stay connected but iR works fine. I get a new remote then works perfect for months then out of nowhere same issue. Now Samsung saying it's the tv but how is it the tv if a new remote works perfect? Maybe Bluetooth issue within the tv rejecting existing connections randomly? I've reset the tv, reset the remote, paired the remote so all the troubleshooting steps. It'll still pair then couple min only IR will work then once IR connects pairs again then stops. And seems to be happening to others as well. Anyone else dmae issue and if so did you find a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dtbrown
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you've done all the typical support steps with resetting tv, current software, other bluetooth devices like headphones connect fine, reset the remote and Paired the remote again then the remote is definitely failed. They should warranty it for you then.

View solution in context

4 Replies
userobxqfXAHU0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have two of these remotes for different televisions. Both of them are no doing it. It only works if the IR can be in direct sit. It used to work all the way across the room.
Dtbrown
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yep it's the remotes either software or bluetooth module that are failing. See if you can get them warranted. It's only recently being discovered so not sure if all of samsung support is aware of the defective remotes. Model number that I keep getting from Samsung under warranty that are failing is b59-01385a20230225_222212_1000009691_1677388935.jpg
userobxqfXAHU0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
That is the model number I have. Lady with support said she has not heard of issues
Solution
Dtbrown
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you've done all the typical support steps with resetting tv, current software, other bluetooth devices like headphones connect fine, reset the remote and Paired the remote again then the remote is definitely failed. They should warranty it for you then.