Original topic:

The Frame TV (QN50LS03BAFXZA) not powering on - no standby light

(Topic created: 11-11-2022 05:50 AM)
babsjmp
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I just installed my frame tv and it is not powering on. There is no red standby light and the one connect box is not making any sounds and shows no lights (not sure if it is supposed to or not).

I initially thought I damaged the one connect cable, so I bought a replacement but that was not the issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting advice (unplugging for 30 seconds, finding a new outlet, etc.)

What could be the issue and can someone please help?

TV Model: QN50LS03BAFXZA 

One Connect cable model: BN39-02470A

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand the tv won't turn on and there is no standby light blinking. If you had a recent power outage that could cause the tv to not come back on. Also, we don't want to plug TVs into a surge protector we recommend plugging directly into the wall( If possible) once plugged into the wall and the light still doesn't come on then this unit will require service.

Service Options:

1. If the unit is under the one-year warranty please be sure to reach out to a moderator privately to explore further options for service.

2. If the unit is out of warranty please be sure to use the link provided to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

View solution in context

4 Replies
babsjmp
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update: I believe the issue is in the OneConnect box itself. When I plug in the box, I get no sounds or standby lights. I've heard that there should be a standby light behind the optical connector, but I cannot see one when plugged in. Also, When I plug anything into the USB drives (phone charger), I get no power to it. 

Any help would be appreciated. I am at my wits. 

0 Likes
paddyde
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Noticed an issue just 2 days ago with a frame TV. I plugged it into an extension cord which was definitely working and the TV wouldnt turn on. Thought id somehow broke the TV. But plugging it into the wall directly, or another extension cord worked just fine. 

Worth a shot?

0 Likes
jmcinnis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have the same issue - brand new unit - whether direct to the wall or not - no power.

Very frustrating...

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand the tv won't turn on and there is no standby light blinking. If you had a recent power outage that could cause the tv to not come back on. Also, we don't want to plug TVs into a surge protector we recommend plugging directly into the wall( If possible) once plugged into the wall and the light still doesn't come on then this unit will require service.

Service Options:

1. If the unit is under the one-year warranty please be sure to reach out to a moderator privately to explore further options for service.

2. If the unit is out of warranty please be sure to use the link provided to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.