JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 80T recognizes two home theaters when I only have one connected.

(Topic created: 10-27-2020 01:56 PM)
Slohand1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

My. QLED 80T, recognizes my one connected Home Theater system as two separate systems. Does anyone know how to get the TV to simply recognize just one system? or is there a way to choose which system the TV recognizes? (Keeping in mind that I only have one system connected)

Thank you,

Marty 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
might have something to do with either your Soundbar or your Subwoofer. Newer Soundbars are packed with all sorts of connections nowadays to make them a mini home theater standalone and Most Subwoofers are incorporated with Bluetooth. you might try disconnecting one of those or both and gradually building back up. Maybe Try disconnecting everything but the main unit and try to make the connection then add back the speakers gradually disregarding any new device popups along the way and just focus on tying in those speakers to the main

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
might have something to do with either your Soundbar or your Subwoofer. Newer Soundbars are packed with all sorts of connections nowadays to make them a mini home theater standalone and Most Subwoofers are incorporated with Bluetooth. you might try disconnecting one of those or both and gradually building back up. Maybe Try disconnecting everything but the main unit and try to make the connection then add back the speakers gradually disregarding any new device popups along the way and just focus on tying in those speakers to the main
0 Likes
Slohand1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello Shadowgate:

Thanks for the prompt response; however, I don't have a Soundbar but I do have a subwoofer connected. It didn't dawn on me that the  subwoofer could be the problem. I'll try disconnecting the subwoofer and see if that solves the problem.

In addition, I also read that the newer TVs only reconize one home theater at a time. Well, again for some reason my TV has recognized my single home theater as two separate units. I'm not certain why.

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
that is strange but who knows nowadays with all of the signals going here and there . sometimes you just wish things were simplified like the 90s . if your Nintendo didnt run you just checked the wires and blew on the cartridge. some things like that have been lost over the technology boom! sometimes less is more. Too late now though we are all well in the middle of it and it's only getting deeper lol
0 Likes
Slohand1
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just to follow up-I contacted Samsung (I finally got a live body to speak with, Lol) who took me through a series of steps. #1-The Source that listed one of the Home Theatre systems was changed to Blu Ray disc player because it was reading the player as a Home Theatre (?).  In addition, I changed the setting on my Sony STR-DN 1080 to indicate "Pass Through".  I then disconnected my Home Theatre system from my HDMI-3 (eARC) and turned it off. #2, I reconnected my Home Theatre to the HDMI-3 (eARC) and turned it on and my QLED 55" identified my Home Theatre as a single unit and my Blu Ray player is now showing as a single player and not as a home theatre system.  So, all is good.

One last thing worth mentioning is that on my old Samsung 50", utilizing the old operating system-once I was done playing a Blu Ray disc and turned it off, the TV would automatically switch sources back to the TV. With the new QLED 55" (Tizen) operating system-one has to manually change the source from Blu Ray to TV, Bummer!

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
That's great news !! Glad you were able to fix the issue
0 Likes