JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Frame 55" QN55LS03TAFXZA Power Cycling

(Topic created: 05-09-2022 05:26 AM)
userv096MuP3Lg
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchase my Frame 55" new from Best Buy in April of 2020.  Last night (April 27th) the unit just started power cycling.  The red led underneath started frantically blinking.  The art that I had displayed went black.  "The Frame" in white lettering appeared on the screen for about 2 seconds, then the screen goes black.  This cycle repeats over and over until I unplug the power from the One Connect box.  

Upon inspection of the One Connect box, I see that the optical audio plug turns red corresponding with the turning on and off of the tv mounted to the wall.  There's also a light clicking every time the unit is turned on.

It appears the issue is with the One Connect box.

*Update-5/9, I was correct, it was the One Connect Box.  I purchased a used one on eBay and connected it to my unit. It fixed the power cycling issue immediately.  My question to Samsung is, is this a known issue?  I see that you are discontinuing the One Connect box style that was used on this model and others.  How do I get my original One Connect Box refurbished?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userYz1BznkmjG
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just went through this with my Frame as well. I ended up figuring out how to reset it. 

1. First, I unplugged the TV and left if off for hours.
  2. I turned off my home network so the TV could not connect.
  3. I also put my iPhone with Smart Connect in airplane mode.
  4. So, in theory there was nothing outside of my TV that would send any signals except the remote.
  5. I then powered on the TV and it stayed on.
  6. I disconnect everything in General -> External Device Manager and General -> Apple Airplay Settings.
  7. I reset the network connection General -> Network.
  8. I setup the network again.
  9. I deleted The Frame from smart connect on my iPhone.
  10. I put my phone back in normal mode and connected to the network.
  11. I setup The Frame on my iPhone smart connect app again.
  12. I reset The Frame to factory defaults General -> Reset
    • I needed the smart connect app so that I could enter the reset code from my phone.
  13. Then I set the whole thing back up from scratch.

So far, so good. It has been working ever since.

I can't prove it but I am guessing it was an Apple Airplay loop from my iPhone to my TV somehow causing the power cycling. The trick to getting it all back was to ensure nothing could connect to my TV.

View solution in context

6 Replies
JaredHBJ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes, and the user manual also states the same effect can occur by use of incorrect charging cables.. Of course, I'm referring to my phone, but I am increasing my ability to translate jargon. Anyway, read that a few hours ago
0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Exact same thing happened today, June 17, 2022, with my 2020 Frame 55"!  Had it on and noticed the audio going in and out.  Walked in the room and saw "The Frame" on the screen and thought...interesting, but oh well...just rebooting.  And then it did it again in less than 5 seconds.  

Curious... did you replace the cable, too?  Or just unplug cable and plug into your replacement box?  Crazy this lasted 2 years.

userv096MuP3Lg
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

No, kept the cable.  I went on ebay and looked for a used Samsung One Connect box.  It wasn't even the same exact model number that came with my Frame TV.  Plugged it in, crossed my fingers and it's been working like new for almost a month.

Shame on Samsung for not replacing this.  They wanted to charge me $750 for a parts kit and service call with no guarantee of the fix.  I had to troubleshoot and find a fix myself.  How about some compensation Samsung?  It looks like they moved away from this One Connect Box last year....maybe they knew it was faulty?  Such a shame, we purchased a premium TV but the support didn't match.

Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will follow up when my replacement/used box arrives next week.  I did find the same model $ on eBay for ~$60.

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Replacement One Connect box arrived today -- exact same power cycle.  I was 99% sure it was a bad box.  Should I try replacing the cable and/or power cord?  Is it possible it's the actual display that's causing the power cycle?  I see it say "the frame" and a channel number, and even hear audio for a second or two before it reboots. 

0 Likes
Solution
userYz1BznkmjG
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just went through this with my Frame as well. I ended up figuring out how to reset it. 

1. First, I unplugged the TV and left if off for hours.
  2. I turned off my home network so the TV could not connect.
  3. I also put my iPhone with Smart Connect in airplane mode.
  4. So, in theory there was nothing outside of my TV that would send any signals except the remote.
  5. I then powered on the TV and it stayed on.
  6. I disconnect everything in General -> External Device Manager and General -> Apple Airplay Settings.
  7. I reset the network connection General -> Network.
  8. I setup the network again.
  9. I deleted The Frame from smart connect on my iPhone.
  10. I put my phone back in normal mode and connected to the network.
  11. I setup The Frame on my iPhone smart connect app again.
  12. I reset The Frame to factory defaults General -> Reset
    • I needed the smart connect app so that I could enter the reset code from my phone.
  13. Then I set the whole thing back up from scratch.

So far, so good. It has been working ever since.

I can't prove it but I am guessing it was an Apple Airplay loop from my iPhone to my TV somehow causing the power cycling. The trick to getting it all back was to ensure nothing could connect to my TV.