JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buzzing Noise from Samsung Netflix App

(Topic created: 06-16-2020 07:30 AM)
userH6GzoeVYO0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We just bought a QLED Q80T TV and set it up yesterday. There is a terrible buzzing noise when using the built in Netflix app. It makes it impossible to watch. I've read that this is due to a firmware update from Samsung. When will there be a fix for this??? Makes me want to return this TV and go with a different brand! I've tested Netflix using our old Apple TV box and it works fine. So it's definitely the app that comes pre-loaded with the TV.

44 Replies
user6CdiCbHn5L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I thought I was the only one! I also have a Q80T that is about a week old. I have tried changing settings. Nothing has helped.

userH6GzoeVYO0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So annoying...Next step that I haven't tried, is to call BestBuy and talk to their Samsung expert. Do you hear the same noise during Ambient Mode?

user6CdiCbHn5L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes. The buzz changes depending on screen brightness. Doesn't seem like Samsung is interested in figuring this out. Calling Netflix is a waste of time. Seems to only be the reloaded app.

userMjwnNBBemF
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yep I first noticed the buzzing while in ambient mode but also now hear it on Netflix. I've had the TV (75 inch) for a couple weeks and was considering swapping it out for the same model, thinking it was just a defect with my unit, but it sounds like this is inherent to all or most Q80T 2020 TVs. I wonder if the Q70 or Q90s have the same issue...

0 Likes
user09Z51jeMBn
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm a victim of this too

0 Likes
user6CdiCbHn5L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hopefully an update or solution will arise in the near future. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have the same problem with Netflix and my Q70R. Seems like the internal Netflix app is forcing Dolby Digital Plus and and making the buzzing. Weirdly enough Plex or Prime Video also with Dolby Digital Plus don't have the same issues.

0 Likes
useroxoBSGuQPh
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I also have this issue. I bought a 55" and a 75" Q80T. The buzzing/whining noise is very apparent on the 75" when in the Netflix app or Ambient Mode (both of which are selling features of the TV). The 55" has the noise but much quieter to the point it is not an issue. When I called tech support, they did not seem to be aware of the problem. They had me reset the TV and I was like "IT'S FIXED"... NOPE. It just doesn't buzz in the default video that starts when the TV boots. As soon as it went to Netflix or Ambient mode, the buzz is right back.

I am still within the return period... I wish I knew if this was something that can get fixed with a software update because if not, it would be worth returning the TV. It's horrible.

Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the Q90T and have not heard of any buzzing noise in the Netflix app. Is it happening while scrolling through contents? For me, each content I scroll through just plays a short clip normally. 

What's your sound output? TV speakers or AVR?

0 Likes