JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Off Timer issue

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 07:00 AM)
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having issues with the on/off timer on my QN90A 55".

I have it set to turn off at 11:20pm on Sunday-Thursday. twice in the last week, and about 4 times in the last month, it has failed to turn off. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. The time and date are set correctly. I first thought maybe it was because I did not have the TV connected to the internet so it was not keeping the day set properly (although it looked right to me), so I reconnected it. This has not solved the issue. It did it last night, I verified everything was set correctly, changed the off time to a few minutes later and it turned off. It really defeats the purpose of having an off timer if I have to get up a couple times a week to manually turn the TV off (it's in another room).

I have tried manually setting the clock, and auto setting the clock, it has failed with both setting options.

Anyone have this issue, or any thoughts what the issue could be?

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sometimes televisions do weird things like and you just have to plug them directly into a wall socket. Unplug the unit for about 2 minutes, try it in the wall socket. If it works, just turn off the unit and plug it back into your surge protector. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.