Original topic:

Samsung Q60 QLED In Bootloop

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 09:34 AM)
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

This morning, while watching our Qn55Q60RAFXZA / 55' Q60 QLED Tv, the unit went dark and then into a boot loop where the QLED logo will display, the screen will blink (and it seems like the menu is trying to load, as I can hit the remote arrows and hear navigation sounds) then it will go back to the QLED logo and loop like that.

We have tried turning the tv off completely, disconnecting it from the power supply, disconnecting all attached HDMI/USB devices, letting it sit for a time, and turning it back on. Alas, the boot loop continues.

The Warranty on my unit expired at the end of March 2021, but I have seen some other posts on this forum with similar issues where helpful Samsung associates were able to get this issue covered under warranty still. I would be appreciative to any advice on how to get this repaired, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

For anyone stumbling on this in the future. The answer is: hardware failure. I created a Samsung support ticket out of warranty, and the ticket was passed on to a local repair shop. I called and followed up with the local repair shop who said this would be a board & screen replacement, and out of pocket I was looking at about $1000, which is more than I paid for the TV.  Repair shop closed the initial ticket due to 'monetary concerns'  and suggested I try calling Samsung to see if they would authorize an out of warranty repair.

Called up Samsung pro support, and was pleasant with them. The first rep said they couldn't do anything while out of warranty and then either the call dropped or she hung up on me and I was sent straight to the survey. That was a bit frustrating.

I called back a second time, and the second rep was able to submit my request to the internal powers that be, and after being on hold for 10-15 minutes while it processed, she was able to generate a new ticket for me with an authorized out of warranty repair. 

Very pleased with the results, and that Samsung is standing by their product and going through with repairing the TV. I have a 32' flat screen Samsung TV we bought in 2008 that is still going strong, and I was going to be quite disappointed if this <2 year old model was completely dead in the water. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
QLED and The Frame

It always seems that when the warranty ends,  hits the fan. Well, the only possible solution would be to unplug the unit and plug it back in. If that don't work, contact samsung directly. It might be defective.

0 Likes
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Indeed! I have tried unplugging it, letting it sit, and plugging it back in. No avail. I have opened a service request with Samsung, really quite a bummer, it's been a great TV so far, hope it's not too expensive to fix.

0 Likes
Solution
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

For anyone stumbling on this in the future. The answer is: hardware failure. I created a Samsung support ticket out of warranty, and the ticket was passed on to a local repair shop. I called and followed up with the local repair shop who said this would be a board & screen replacement, and out of pocket I was looking at about $1000, which is more than I paid for the TV.  Repair shop closed the initial ticket due to 'monetary concerns'  and suggested I try calling Samsung to see if they would authorize an out of warranty repair.

Called up Samsung pro support, and was pleasant with them. The first rep said they couldn't do anything while out of warranty and then either the call dropped or she hung up on me and I was sent straight to the survey. That was a bit frustrating.

I called back a second time, and the second rep was able to submit my request to the internal powers that be, and after being on hold for 10-15 minutes while it processed, she was able to generate a new ticket for me with an authorized out of warranty repair. 

Very pleased with the results, and that Samsung is standing by their product and going through with repairing the TV. I have a 32' flat screen Samsung TV we bought in 2008 that is still going strong, and I was going to be quite disappointed if this <2 year old model was completely dead in the water. 

hnm77
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Please tell me, how did you do it??
I have the same problem and I had no answer from Samsung.

Mine failed on the 13th month, they told me the warrently was over. After 4 calls, they couldn't do anything, so I called the official service, and they replace the main board. I had to pay 1/3 a new TV to do so. Now, just a few months later, the TV failed again, same problem. This time the service told me it's the screen. The price for the replacement screen is higher than a new TV.

My TV is less than 2 years old and already had two major failures. Please Samsung, tell me this is not the new quality of your products because I'll be very disapointed.

I've been a loyal customer for more than a decade. I have three Samsungs TVs, I had 5 different Galaxy phones over the years, a few smart watches and earbuds.
Of course I had my issues before, but never like this. All my priors problems start passed the three years mark.

But this is a new low.
I am sorry for the extend of this post, but I have to know: Do I have bad luck, or this is the new Samsung?

0 Likes
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I think either you have bad luck, or I have good luck?

I did what I stated in the post, which was to call in and be nice to the service rep. I said something along the lines of 'I know it is out of warranty, but I really do like this tv and it would be a shame if it was no longer working after only a year and a half'

No matter how frustrated you are, be nice to the staff when you call, it's not their fault the product doesn't work, and they have all the power to get you what you up and running again.

Though of course, you may have been, and from the other comments on this post I am wondering if being denied is the norm and maybe I just got lucky?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with the TV power cycling, just want to confirm have you tried the steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have a service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
hnm77
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sometimes I get the impresion Samsung does not read the posts.

The OFFICIAL SERVICE told me it's a hardware issue with the screen. There was no device connected, I only used the TV to see Netflix / Youtube.

The problem is caused by an factory issue with the tv, which is less than 2 years old.

To be honest, I don't really know what I am looking for here. I guess I was hoping for Samsung to make the right thing and come up with a solution for this, but I think it's a long shot.

Once again I ask forgiveness if I seems blunt, but I am really frustrated right now.

0 Likes
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I agree the problem is with a factory issue, and I fully appreciate your frustration.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure you don't take that frustration out of the service rep, they are the ones with the power to create the repair ticket and while it may help to tell them you're very frustrated (in a calm, measured way) don't let that frustration color your call or time with them.  

I was not on your calls with them though, if you were patient  and kind with them, then this may be part of a broader effort by Samsung to stop the money suck of repairing all their defective products. If that is the case, I will be very disappointed, but not surprised.

0 Likes
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bad bot. Pandering with basic info already posted as tried to prop  up the 'cred' of the account.

Terrible.

0 Likes