Original topic:

Samsung Q60 QLED In Bootloop

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 09:34 AM)
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

This morning, while watching our Qn55Q60RAFXZA / 55' Q60 QLED Tv, the unit went dark and then into a boot loop where the QLED logo will display, the screen will blink (and it seems like the menu is trying to load, as I can hit the remote arrows and hear navigation sounds) then it will go back to the QLED logo and loop like that.

We have tried turning the tv off completely, disconnecting it from the power supply, disconnecting all attached HDMI/USB devices, letting it sit for a time, and turning it back on. Alas, the boot loop continues.

The Warranty on my unit expired at the end of March 2021, but I have seen some other posts on this forum with similar issues where helpful Samsung associates were able to get this issue covered under warranty still. I would be appreciative to any advice on how to get this repaired, thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
userhwjcpbn0VM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here. I have had an old Samsung 32" TV for almost 8 years now and not had a single issue with it. Expecting similar stellar performance, I purchased the Samsung QLED TV (same model as above QN55Q60RAFXZA) two years ago. It suddenly shut down yesterday and has been stuck in a boot loop since. I have so far tried the usual troubleshooting steps on Samsung's website and contacted Samsung service once to no avail.

Reading this post has been an eye-opener. I'm shocked to see so many people having the same issue with these "newer" QLED TVs recently. The quality of Samsung's products has definitely decreased over the years and on top of it, the customer service wasn't helpful at all. No one expects a $800-$1000 item to have a total hardware failure with 2-3 years out of warranty. Really disappointed with Samsung throughout this episode.

I'm going to try again with Customer Service tomorrow, hoping to find a solution out of warranty. Will update this group on my findings. 

0 Likes
user7yw1baHmJF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try very specifically the method that I mentioned above: open a repair ticket with Samsung and have them send to a local repair, call the local repair and ask for an estimate, when it's as much as the TV was new, ask them to close it and mark because the repair is too expensive. 

Then call customer support and reference the repair, be nice to the rep, be patient and kind with them, give them your opinion but not in an accusatory way. It may take a couple calls (I got a flat no, and hung up on during my first call) 

Good luck!

0 Likes