JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Q90R 4k TV drops pairing with remote

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 01:11 PM)
usernwFiFMrdIZ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Purchased the Q90R tv in Feb. 2020 and worked fine up until this month. The tv and remote started dropping the pairing and an "Unavailable " message appears on the screen.  Followed the various recommended procedures for correcting issue  which all seem work but only for a short period of time.  I then have to go back through them again to get pairing.   Contacted Samsung support via chat with no success.  Have an extended warranty on the unit.  Help please!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I understand how this may be frustaing with your remote not pairing wiht your TV, I see that you have done some torubleshooting just want to make sure you have trie dthe troubelhsootigns teps below? 

1. Reset the remote.

Remove the batteries, and then press the Power button for eight seconds to reset the remote. Then, reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Alternately if you have a 2021 Neo QLED, 2021 QLED, or 2021 Frame TV (QN900A, QN800A, QN700A, QN95A, QN90A, QN85A, Q80A, Q70A, Q60A, LS03A):

To reset the remote by press and hold Return and Enter (the center of the navigation pad) for more than 10 seconds. After performing this reset, you will need to pair the remote to the TV again. Skip to step 3.

2. Check if the remote is sending an IR signal.

Take either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.

• If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, then replace the remote.
    • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn on your TV using the control on the TV directly. Then, try controlling the TV again by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo. If the remote still will not work, (If your TV will not turn on when using the control on the TV, see our guide.)

Remote Test

3. If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

1. Press and hold Return and the button that is diagonally up and to the right of Return. (This is usually the button with 4 colored dots, but can vary depending on the remote) . This will reset the smart remote.
    2. Stand within 1 foot of the TV, and press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 5 seconds or until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair:

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
    2. Stand within 1 foot of the TV, and press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 5 seconds or until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
YumaKen48
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My slim R-NZ remote was steadily flashing the red LED and only the power button worked (indicating that IR was working). My pairing attempt with the BACK and PLAY buttons displayed UNAVAILABLE. Using the final suggestion above, I unplugged the my Series 8 UHD for 30 seconds. After plugging it back in, I turned the TV on with the remote and the remote paired itself automatically.  

0 Likes