JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Q9FN not identifying 2021 Apple TV

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 08:44 AM)
Dave_O
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

When I plug in the HDMI cable, it tries to identify it and fails. I did go through the manual process to choose OTT settop box, searched for 'Apple" and selected the result. The Port now shows the Apple TV icon. Same for a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro. An Amazon Fire TV 4k is identified right away. All HDMI ports have the same behavior

2 Questions:

1. Is this behavior normal, or is there a problem with my OneConnect box?

2. I had a huge problem with the Apple TV remote not powering on the Q9FN. It seems to be fixed after the manual identification process. Is CEC dependant on a correct device identification?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Due to differing software versions and updates, there are times devices will not auto-identify when connecting to a CEC enabled port. This is the reason for the manual setup process. Once a device is identified, the CEC commands are tailored to that specific device.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Due to differing software versions and updates, there are times devices will not auto-identify when connecting to a CEC enabled port. This is the reason for the manual setup process. Once a device is identified, the CEC commands are tailored to that specific device.

0 Likes