Hi, for around a week now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working.
Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.
- Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
- I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
- On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
- I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
- In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
- The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'
The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) or bose speakers and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.
Please, I know SmartThing is a different department, but please be smart and forward it internally not to make me waste my time
I have found a workaround, it is not working 100% of the time but often:
- Hold the power button of the TV remote so it close and also restart while still pressing the button
- Pair the headset right away
- Open Netflix after
- I was able to pair it 3 times yet this way.
Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to @TargetPriority there
- Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
- Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
- Select you bluetooth device then click connect
- Audio work in the bluetooth device
Note: The only disadvantage is that you can't use the TV remote for the headphones' volume control
In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!
@Communityuser3049203 By counting US & CA post, we have around 40 persons reporting this issue, can we have any help on this? Or any statement or update?
Reported Sony model related to this problem:
WF-1000XM4(Fixed with Sony firmware update (v2.0.0)
Other TV model affected:
Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.
BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I imagine this problem will get more attention soon since there is this an article out there stating it clearly.
I have the same exact same problem with my neo qled QN85A when connecting with my wh-1000xm4. When it's about to complete the connection it ends with ingggggggggggg voice, and my headphones turn off, on its own..please samsung give us an update..
Hello, Everyone. Thank you for the feedback regarding these symptoms. While we cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party headphones or devices, we can try a few things to try to alleviate some of the stress. Make sure that whatever device you are attempting to pair to the TV is in pairing mode. If it is, and your TV still can't discover the device, a factory reset is needed. Once that is completed, you should be able to connect your devices to the TV. You can check out the following link for pairing devices (if needed): https://www.samsung.com/us/
If the headphones are the only devices that won't pair to the TV, but other things can be connected then it's a matter of compatibility and not a bluetooth issue within the TV. If nothing connects to the TV, then the TV will require service. You have a couple of options based on your warranty.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. https://www.samsung.com/