JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Screen Sharing/Miracast Freezes Within Minutes of Connecting To My Laptop

(Topic created: 06-12-2020 06:18 PM)
userlO6b1Oq0I6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

To whom this may concern,

I have been having a rather cumbersome and consistent issue when my laptop connects to my Samsung television through the screen sharing feature. It seems that although the laptop does indeed connect to the TV, after a few minutes pass,  the television's monitor begins to freeze. Only the television's monitor freezes, my laptop still plays and functions normally. I made sure that the software on my laptop, the drivers on my laptop, and the software on my TV were up to date, which they all were. The laptop is operating on Windows 10. Also, my iPhone doesn't have an issue when it "screen mirrors" with the tv, just this laptop has this issue.

The Samsung TV Device Name is: "Samsung Q6 Series (75)"
The Samsung TV Model Number is: QN75Q6FNA

The Laptop Device Name is: "LAPTOP-PIH0C926"
The Laptop Model is: HP Laptop 15-db0xxx

Please help me fix this issue. 

Thank you for your time and effort, 

Kanten

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userlO6b1Oq0I6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey, 

Thanks for responding. The current software version on my television is: T-KTM2AKUC-1294. 1 , BT - S. I noticed that one thread online suggested updating my display adapter drive from the device control manager of my laptop. I updated it which was a "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics", and restarted my laptop. I attempted to miracast again and watch a video. After about 10 or so minutes the tv froze during its mirroring of the video. However, I reconnected it and it played through the rest of the video and it functioned correctly. I also tried watching a different video from a different source online and it has played correctly for over 25 minutes with no issues of freezing so far. I have also looked up other potential issues that may cause the picture to freeze on the televison and noticed one saying that AVAST Antivirus Software can interfere with miracasting through its firewall. I'll post that link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-miracast-freezes.... If the issue arises again, I'll see if my AVAST is interfering. I'll definitely keep you posted on how everything goes. 

Thanks, I'll keep you updated shall I encounter this problem again

View solution in context

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! What is the current software version on the television? More than likely, this is an issue with the laptop sending the signal than the television receiving it since other devices work correctly.

0 Likes
Solution
userlO6b1Oq0I6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey, 

Thanks for responding. The current software version on my television is: T-KTM2AKUC-1294. 1 , BT - S. I noticed that one thread online suggested updating my display adapter drive from the device control manager of my laptop. I updated it which was a "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics", and restarted my laptop. I attempted to miracast again and watch a video. After about 10 or so minutes the tv froze during its mirroring of the video. However, I reconnected it and it played through the rest of the video and it functioned correctly. I also tried watching a different video from a different source online and it has played correctly for over 25 minutes with no issues of freezing so far. I have also looked up other potential issues that may cause the picture to freeze on the televison and noticed one saying that AVAST Antivirus Software can interfere with miracasting through its firewall. I'll post that link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-miracast-freezes.... If the issue arises again, I'll see if my AVAST is interfering. I'll definitely keep you posted on how everything goes. 

Thanks, I'll keep you updated shall I encounter this problem again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Great! We appreciate the update. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes
userCGQmBywspS
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I am experiencing a similar issue.  Any info is greatly appreciated!  

0 Likes
userbu0JlQJMqe
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue and Ive tried everything and nothing works!

0 Likes
userM9AC6ruq7Y
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Is there any help for this issue?  We are using ours as a conference computer and run meetings on it all day long and we are experiencing the same issue.  I have called Samsung and they ran all of their test, and it is all up to date, and says nothing is wrong with it.  I have called Lenovo and they ran their test and said the laptop that is connected to is up to date and has no issues.  I switched out laptops with a Dell and it is doing the same thing.  Only during conference calls.  You can cast a video through there and no issue.  Could it be something with Miracast?  Really aggravating not being able to use our 85" the way we were wanting to

0 Likes
userawtLEPuGCJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem !! I checked and patched everything on the TV side and laptop side. Unfortunately the problem persists: screen lock but only its display on the TV. The wireless connection is still active and working, if I click it is received and works, but the projection is blocked like having a photo on the TV screen. For this reason I am of the opinion that the problem is in the TV screen and in my case: 55 "Samsung Q70R.

Anyone have a solution?

Update:
I changed my laptop video drivers from a proprietary lenovo version to a newer version found from the Intel site for HD Graphics 520. The problem appears less but is still present.

0 Likes
uponcryptocreek
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung came and got the TV because they could never get it to work.  I ended up buying an LG and casting works from Windows, Apple and Android without issue.  Good luck!  

0 Likes