JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung turns itself on at the same time every day (Q90 series)

(Topic created: 01-25-2021 08:07 PM)
userW4LhrRFyr2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My TV turns itself on every single day at 11:00PM ET. There must be something happening at this exact time, which I haven't been able to figure out.

So far I've tried everything in the Samsung support article: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108742/ 

Including:

• Checked for updates, it was on the latest version (1460) when we last checked on 1/25
  • Tried unplugging the TV for 30+ seconds and plugging it back in
  • Turned off “Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)”
  • Turned off “Power On with Mobile”

I know that this can't be caused by another device because it does this without fail every night, no matter which other devices I'm using (and I've been using different devices on many of these nights). I also checked to see if there may be some setting causing the TV to automatically turn on (i.e. under the "Time" area where you can set a sleep timer), and this TV doesn't have any sort of automatic wake timer functionality.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userW4LhrRFyr2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Figured this out! It was turning on to Ambient mode due to a setting called "Sleep Mood" under Settings > Ambient Mode > Routine. I've been trying to figuret this out for weeks and could find no information about this online anywhere, so hopefully this will help someone else!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userW4LhrRFyr2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Figured this out! It was turning on to Ambient mode due to a setting called "Sleep Mood" under Settings > Ambient Mode > Routine. I've been trying to figuret this out for weeks and could find no information about this online anywhere, so hopefully this will help someone else!