JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Shortcut buttons on smart remote

(Topic created: 02-09-2022 11:51 AM)
userNlyxncmCR6
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung....will you please implement a setting on new TV firmware to disable these shortcut buttons...i.e., Netflix, Prime, and Samsung TV. I am beyond sick and tired of tapping these by accident and then having to navigate back to where I was before. They are ill placed just below the volume and channel toggles. These buttons are not useful and only contribute to frustration. I don't care how much Netflix and Amazon paid you to plaster their product on my remote...I want them disabled and if I do not get the option to do so, these will be my last Samsung TVS. LG will gladly take my money

6 Replies
ETorbert
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

LG has same buttons on comparable models, but would also give you direct access to Disney+!

0 Likes
userukazl3jICu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is annoying. I'm thinking of disassembling Samsung's remote and putting out netflix, amazon prime and rokuten tv buttons. This way it will not be possible to press them by mistake.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

My apologies unfortunately there is no Samsung way to reprogram or deactivate the buttons. 

0 Likes
userNlyxncmCR6
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Unfortunately, that is a complete and utter lie.... You know it and I know it
Solution
userPbkWOUk6bh
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Pair your old Samsung remote if you have one.   The old remotes do not have the billboard buttons.  Simple and clean no accidental pushes for services you don't have or want.

useriIeEjJOqtS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have to agree, there has to be a way to either turn off or reprogram /remap the Netflix and Prime video buttons, both of those platforms are irrelevant to me, and changing them to something more relevant would be more feasible. I have seen apps like, Button Mapper and Downloader, that are used in Android devices to reprogram the remote controls. Samsung engineers should put a similar app in their smart TVs so folks will be able to modify the remote controls to their liking. That would be a win-win situation, and a smart one as well. Pass this thought along to Samsung management would be highly appreciated. Thank you, and have a nice day.