JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Single Stud Adapter for Full Motion Slim TV Mount

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 02:20 PM)
Gkillen
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi. I have a 55" 2022 Samsung Frame and the Samsung Full Motion Slim Mount (WMN-B05FB/ZA).

My problem is that I don't have studs in the right place and I have plaster walls.

Is there an adaptor to be able to mount to a single stud in the center of the wall? In other words, an adaptor to change this 2-stud wall mount to a single stud mount?

Does anyone have any other solutions...other than opening the wall and adding blocking (which I am trying to avoid).

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
bkmelas
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
I wouldn't take the risk I rather open the block that have the surprise later that the tv is broken on the floor.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Wall studs should be 16" or 24" on center ... if that wall is not to spec, the builder is questionable.

You could probably do the single stud install, using the center slots (to balance the weight), and *not* using supplied screws, but buying appropriate weight bearing screws from hardware store

But ultimately, it's your decision
0 Likes
Solution
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just custom drill the mount at the stud location, for two lag bolts top & bottom, and then use plaster-specific toggle bolts at the edge holes.

https://www.picturehangsolutions.com/blogs/info/the-ultimate-guide-on-how-to-hang-pictures-on-plaste...